Eugene, Ore. - The No. 51 University of Arkansas men's tennis team dropped its second match of the year to Oregon 6-1 on Friday evening at the UO Student Tennis Center. Arkansas drops to 7-2 for the season as Oregon moves to 7-0.
"Oregon came out quick on us in doubles," head coach Robert Cox said. "We just couldn't turn any of the matches around."
The Razorbacks could just not get going Friday evening dropping the doubles point. No.1 duo of Manfred Jeske and Mike Nott dropped their match to Jeff Mullin and Robin Cambiar 8-5. Hall Fess and Santiago Munoz as well dropped their match 8-5. Seniors Mike Ward and Gregoire Lehmann were tied at six but did not finish their match.
Nott was the only Razorback to come away with a win taking down Bret Chin in a three-set match. After dropping the first set to Chin 6-1, Nott recovered winning the next two 6-3, 6-2. Nott remains undefeated this season with five quality victories.
Arkansas hits the courts tomorrow at 5 p.m. taking on No. 63 New Mexico.
Arkansas vs. Oregon
Official Singles Results
1. Jeff Mullen (ORE) def. Gregoire Lehmann (ARK) 6-2, 7-6
2. Robin Cambier (ORE) def. Marfred Jeske (ARK) def. 6-4, 7-6
3. Dan Maasland (ORE) def. Santiago Munoz (ARK) 6-4, 6-1
4. Alex Rovello (ORE) def. Mike Ward (ARK) 6-2, 6-4
5. Mike Nott (ARK) def. Brett Chin (ORE) 6-1, 3-6, 2-6
6. Daniel Sardu (ORE) def. Hall Fess (ARK) 6-4, 6-4
Official Doubles Results
1. Mullins/Cambier (ORE) def. Jeske/Nott (ARK) 8-5
2. A. Clissold/D. Sardu (ORE) def. Fess/Munoz (ARK) 8-5
3. D. Maasland/A. Rovello (ORE) Ward/Lehmann (ARK) 6-6 DNF