05/09 - TBA
MTN vs NCAA First and Second Round - Day 1
05/10 - TBA
MTN vs NCAA First and Second Round - Day 2
05/11 - TBA
MTN vs NCAA First and Second Round - Day 3
05/15 - TBA
MTN vs NCAA Final Round
05/16 - TBA
MTN vs NCAA Final Round - Day 2
05/17 - TBA
MTN vs NCAA Final Round - Day 3
05/18 - TBA
MTN vs NCAA Final Round - Day 4
FAYETTEVILLE - The No. 55 Arkansas men's tennis team earned a 4-3 win over 75th-ranked UAB on Wednesday at the Dills Indoor Tennis Courts.
"What a great collegiate match," head coach Robert Cox said. "We proved to ourselves that we can lose the doubles point and come back and win four singles against a quality team. It's tough to win four out of six against anybody, especially a team like UAB."
Arkansas responded to dropping the doubles point by winning four of the first five singles matches decided. Mike Nott picked up the Razorbacks' first singles win in dominating fashion with a 6-2, 6-1 defeat of Lucas Dirubs at No. 5. After the Blazers picked up a win at No. 1 singles, Arkansas took the next three matches to claim the team victory.
Jovan Parlic tied the match by defeating Tom Puetz 6-4, 7-6 (2) at No. 4, and Victor Hoang put Arkansas in the lead for good with a 7-6 (5), 6-4 win over Luiz Felipe Pinto at No. 6. Santiago Munoz bounced back from dropping his first set to clinch the victory for the Razorbacks courtesy of a 0-6, 6-4, 6-4 defeat of Rafael Rondino at No. 2.
"I was real pleased with Santiago, who completely flipped the match around," Coach Cox said. "For him to be a freshman and do that at court two, that's something else. Mike Nott was done in about an hour and tied the score up early, so I can't say enough about him."
UAB took two of the three doubles matches to claim the first point of the day. Nott and Hoang earned Arkansas' win as they defeated David Zimmerman and Puetz 8-5 at No. 1.
The Razorbacks return to competition Friday when they host a doubleheader against Army. The first match begins at 11 a.m. with the second set to follow at 4:30 p.m.
To keep up with the Arkansas men's tennis team, visit ArkansasRazorbacks.com and follow @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.
#55 Arkansas 4, #75 UAB 3
1. David Zimmerman (UAB) def. Gregoire Lehmann (ARK) 6-3, 6-3
2. Santiago Munoz (ARK) def. Rafael Rondino (UAB) 0-6, 6-4, 6-4
3. Chris Helliar (UAB) def. Mike Ward (ARK) 3-6, 7-6, 6-4
4. Jovan Parlic (ARK) def. Tom Puetz (UAB) 6-4, 7-6
5. Mike Nott (ARK) def. Lucas Dirubs (UAB) 6-2, 6-1
6. Victor Hoang (ARK) def. Luiz Felipe Pinto (UAB) 7-6, 6-4
1. Mike Nott/Victor Hoang (ARK) def. Tom Puetz/David Zimmerman (UAB) 8-5
2. Lucas Dirubs/Chris Helliar (UAB) def. Gregoire Lehmann/Mike Ward (ARK) 8-7
3. Rafael Rondino/Luiz Felipe Pinto (UAB) def. Christian Lee/Jovan Parlic (ARK) 8-3