01/19 - TBA
WTN vs Wichita State
01/24 - All Day
WTN at Kansas State
01/31 - 5:00 PM
WTN vs North Texas
02/01 - 10:00 AM
WTN vs Southern Illinois
02/02 - 11:00 AM
WTN vs Oklahoma State
02/02 - 3:00 PM
WTN vs Oral Roberts
02/14 - 12:00 PM
WTN vs Oklahoma
02/16 - 11:00 AM
WTN vs Purdue
02/28 - TBA
WTN at Vanderbilt
03/02 - TBA
WTN at Kentucky
FAYETTEVILLE - In their second SEC match of the year, the Razorbacks lost 4-3 to Vanderbilt at the Billingsley Tennis Center. Arkansas fell behind early, but got late wins from Claudine Paulson, Sarah McLean, and Yang Pang. Arkansas fell to 6-6 (1-1 SEC), while Vanderbilt improved to 8-4 (2-0 SEC).
"We beat them handily at three spots," Arkansas head coach Michael Hegarty said. "And they beat us handily at three spots. On a day like today, you have to get the doubles point. Credit to Vanderbilt for executing better when it counted in doubles."
In doubles play, Kimberley - Ann Surin and Sarah McLean fought back from a large deficit, but fell to the duo of Casares/Antel 8-4. At No. 1 doubles, the combination of senior Claudine Paulson and freshman Segou Jonker won their team leading seventh doubles match of the spring season, defeating No. 29 Mira/Colton 8-5. The doubles point came down to the No. 3 doubles pair, but the duo of Pang/Huxley fell to Sellyn/Altick 8-4.
Vanderbilt opened with a singles victory, as Araujo fell 6-2, 6-0 to Ashleigh Antel. Frances Altick put the Commodores up 3-0 with a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 6 singles over Ana Lorena Belmar Hernandez. Kimberley - Ann Surin lost a battle with Georgina Selly, falling 6-3, 6-3 and clinching the victory for Vanderbilt.
Arkansas answered with a good match from senior Claudine Paulson. She won her team leading 10th singles match of the season, defeating Vanderbilt's Marie Casares 6-4, 6-2. The Razorbacks added another victory in a strong performance by sophomore Sarah McLean, who defeated Courtney Colton 6-3, 6-3. Yang Pang closed out the match with her second straight win over a ranked opponent, defeating No. 60 Lauren Mira in straight sets.
The Razorbacks are back in action on next week on the road, facing No. 6 Alabama on Friday and No. 17 Auburn on Sunday.
Vanderbilt 4, Arkansas 3
Complete Singles Results
1. Yang Pang (ARK) def. No. 60 Lauren Mira (VU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Claudine Paulson (ARK) def. Marie Casares (VU) 6-4, 6-2
3. Sarah McLean (ARK) def. Courtney Colton (VU) 6-3, 6-3
4. No. 64 Georgina Sellyn (VU) def. Kimberley - Ann Surin (ARK) 6-3, 6-3
5. Ashleigh Antel (VU) def. Flavia Araujo (ARK) 6-2, 6-0
6. Frances Altick (VU) def. Ana Lorena Belmar Hernandez (ARK) 6-0, 6-1
Complete Doubles Results
1. Claudine Paulson/ Segou Jonker (ARK) def. No. 29 Lauren Mira/Courtney Colton (VU)8-5
2. Marie Casares / Ashleigh Antel (VU) def. Kimberley - Ann Surin/Sarah McLean (ARK) 8-4
3. Georgina Sellyn / Frances Altick (VU) def. Brittany Huxley/Yang Pang (ARK) 8-4