03/07 - 2:00 PM
MTN at Auburn University
03/09 - 1:00 PM
MTN at University of Alabama
03/14 - 3:00 PM
MTN vs Texas A&M University
03/14 - 7:00 PM
MTN vs University of Nebraska-Omaha
03/21 - 2:00 PM
MTN at Ole Miss
03/23 - 1:00 PM
MTN at Mississippi State
03/28 - 3:00 PM
MTN vs University of Florida
03/30 - 1:00 PM
MTN vs University of South Carolina
04/04 - 5:00 PM
MTN at University of Georgia
04/06 - 1:00 PM
MTN at University of Tennessee
04/12 - 1:00 PM
MTN vs LSU
04/16 - TBA
MTN vs SEC Tournament - Day 1
04/17 - TBA
MTN vs SEC Tournament - Day 2
04/18 - TBA
MTN vs SEC Tournament - Day 3
04/19 - TBA
MTN vs SEC Tournament - Day 4
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The No.54 University of Arkansas men’s tennis team (12-10) dropped a heartbreaker to No. 7 Ole Miss Sunday afternoon inside the Dills Indoor Tennis Facility.
The Razorbacks once again came out strong in doubles play. After dropping the first match on court one Arkansas rebounded with a victory from the duo of Hall Fess and Santiago Munoz on court three. The doubles point came down to the senior pair of Gregoire Lehmann and Mike Ward who pulled through and took the 8-5 victory over the No. 40 doubles team in the country and giving Arkansas the 1-0 lead.
Lehmann came out in singles play and took it to the No. 14 player in the country; taking Nik Scholtz to a tie break to decide the first set. Lehmann fought hard, but couldn’t come up with victory.
Jeske, dropped his first set 3-6, but came back fighting in the second taking it 6-4. The junior battled, but could not break the No.13 player in the nation, dropping his match and giving Ole Miss the 4-1 win.
Hoang and Munoz, both in their third sets did not finish. Hoang was down 2-3 in the third, while Munoz was dominating 5-1 on court six.
Arkansas will continue conference play next weekend when it travels to South Carolina and Florida
For more information on Razorback men’s tennis follow @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.
#54 Arkansas 1, #7 Ole Miss 4
Complete Singles Results:
1. #14 Nik Scholtz (UM) def. Gregoire Lehmann (ARK) 7-6 (5), 6-1
2. #13 Jonas Lutjen (UM) def. Manfred Jeske (ARK) 3-6, 6-4, 3-6
3. #99 Stefan Lindmark (UM) def. Mike Nott (ARK) 6-2, 7-5
4. #69 William Kallberg def. Mike Ward (ARK) 6-3, 6-4
5. Victor Hoang (ARK) Jonas Backstrom (UM) DNF 1-6, 7-5, 2-3
6. Santiago Munoz (ARK) Adrian Skogeng DNF 7-5, 1-6, 5-1
Complete Doubles Results:
1. #6 Lutjen/Scholtz (UM) def. #60 Nott/Jeske (ARK) 8-2
2. Ward/Lehmann (ARK) def. #40 Backstrom/Lindmark 8-5
3. Fess/Munoz (ARK) def. Wilder/Kallberg (UM) 8-4