@RAZORBACKMBB (4-2) vs. Southeastern Louisiana (3-3)
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Bud Walton Arena (19,200)
Razorback Sports Network
KFTA, KATV & KAIT - 8.2 (Digital)
Scott Inman (P-B-P) & Blake Eddins (Analyst)
Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer (Analyst)
#Fastest40 | #WeHogs
Last 5 Games:
Current Streak at Home:
Vs. Southeastern Louisiana:
December 17, 2011
Arkansas 62, Southeastern Louisiana 55
At A Glance
Arkansas returns to the friendly confines of Bud Walton Arena on Tuesday night against Southland Conference member Southeastern Louisiana. Scott Inman and Blake Eddins will have the call for Razorback Sports Network, as Arkansas carries a 17-game win streak at Bud Walton Arena into the fifth meeting between the two programs. The Razorbacks enter as the top scoring team in the SEC at 84.8 points per game thanks to eight different players reaching double figures this season.
@RazorbackMBB FAST BREAK FACTS
· Own a 17-game home win streak at Bud Walton Arena.
· Won last 37 home games against unranked non-conference opponents, dating back to 2009.
· Lead the SEC in scoring (84.8), free throw percentage (.751) and turnover margin (+5.0).
· Only team in the SEC to score 76+ points in every game.
· One of six SEC teams with four players averaging double figures, but one of just four with two players (Alandise Harris & Michael Qualls) over 15 points per night.
· Eight different players have scored in double figures, while four different players have led the team in scoring.
· Last five opponents currently have a combined record of 28-9 and all having winning records, while the last three have been ranked or received votes in the Associated Press Poll or USA Today Coaches Poll at that time.
· Arkansas bench is averaging 40.7 points per game, good for 48 percent of the team’s scoring, and has supplied a double figure scorer in every game.
· Out-scoring opponents by 18.5 points per game off the bench and 7.8 per game in points off turnovers.
· Won the turnover battle in 10 straight games dating back to last year and 59 of 70 games under coach Anderson.
· Sophomore class supplying 32.2 points per game - most by any of the four classes.
· Own the sixth-longest current streak in the nation with a three-pointer in 810 consecutive contests.
· Of Arkansas’ 38 home wins (38-4) under Anderson, 27 have come by double-digits.
· Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 16 times (15-1), including twice this season, under Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 25 contests (18-7).
· Anderson’s #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 311 of 368 career games.
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Mike Anderson (Tulsa ‘82)
Record at Arkansas:
41-29 (3rd Season)
241-127 (12th Season)
Vs. Southeastern Louisiana:
Jim Yarbrough (Florida State ‘87)
Record at SLU:
124-120 (9th Season)
221-162 (14th Season)
STARTING 5 QUICK HITS
#12 Fred Gulley III (G)
· One of two players to start every game.
· Team leader with 17 assists.
· Positive assist/turnover ratio every with no miscues three times.
· Scored a career-high 10 points in win over Minnesota.
· Has committed just 18 turnovers in 27 games as a Razorback.
05 Anthlon Bell (G)
· Third on the team in scoring (11.2).
· Fifth in the SEC in threes per game (2.7).
· Reached double figures three times.
· Has hit multiple threes in five games, including four straight.
· Five threes in opener are the most by an SEC player this season.
#24 Michael Qualls (G)
· Has a pair of SportsCenter Top 10 Plays this season - both dunks.
· Averaging 15.5 points & 6.2 rebounds - 14th & T-17th in SEC.
· Reached double figures in all six games after just five in 2012-13.
· Scored a career-high 21 points against California.
· 93 points is a total it took him 24 games to get in 2012-13.
#02 Alandise Harris (F)
· Team leader and 12th in the SEC in scoring (15.8).
· Has led the team in scoring three times (3-0).
· Started the final two games at the Maui Invitational.
· Finished in double figures five of six games.
· Has 95 total points on 55 field goal attempts.
#10 Bobby Portis (F)
· Averaging 15 points and seven rebounds the last two games.
· Reached double figures three times.
· Only player to lead the team in points & rebounds in same game.
· Had season-bests of 18 points & 7 rebounds vs. No. 11 Gonzaga.
· One of four players averaging double figures (10.5).
SCOUTING SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
· Off to a 3-3 record under head coach Jim Yarbrough, who is in his ninth season.
· Yarbrough’s .508 win percentage (124-120) at SLU is the best in program history.
· Predicted to finish sixth in the Southland Conference Preseason Coaches Poll.
· Tuesday will be the Lions’ fifth road game of the season.
· Have limited three opponents to 62 points or less.
· Average just 11.3 turnovers per game, committing single-digit miscues in three contests.
· Junior JaMichael Hawkins has reached double figures a team-best five times, highlighted by 22 in a win at Rice.
· Junior forward Onochie Ochie is second on the team in scoring (9.2), but is averaging 14 points over his last four games.
· Hawkins led the team in scoring three times, while Ochie has two of the last three games.
Arkansas has won all four of the previous meetings between the two programs, but three have been decided by seven points or less, including the 2008 meeting that went to overtime. The most recent meeting came in 2011, as current Razorbacks Rashad Madden (10), Mardracus Wade (8) and Rickey Scott Jr. (8) finished as the team’s leading scorers in a tight 62-55 win. All four games in the series have been played in Fayetteville, including the last three at Barnhill Arena.
HOME SWEET HOME
With its 3-0 start, Arkansas stretched its home win streak at Bud Walton to 17 games, good for the 10th-longest streak in program history. Below is a look at some figures during the current 17-game home win streak.
· Scoring margin of +15.6 with five wins of 20+ points.
· Averaging 80 points while shooting 46.4 percent (480-1034) with eight games of 80+ points. Arkansas has led at the half in 16 of 17 games.
· Opponents are averaging just 27.6 points in the first half, breaking 30 points just five times while being held in the teens on three occasions.
· Razorbacks haven’t lost the turnover battle in any of the 17 games, forcing 20 or more turnovers seven times.
· Averaging just 11.9 turnovers per game while forcing 19.5.
· Held 15 teams below 50 percent from the field.
· 11 different players have reached double figures.
A common trait of Mike Anderson-led teams is a balanced scoring attack and this year that style has led to 84.9 points per game, the top scoring average in the SEC.
· Only SEC program that has scored 76 or more points in every game.
· Four players averaging double-digits - one of six SEC schools with four or more.
· Eight different players have reached double figures in a game.
· At least three players have reached double-digits in every game, highlighted by five twice.
· Of those eight different double figure scorers, four have done it in a single half.
· Four different players have led the team in scoring.
· Freshman Bobby Portis is the only player to lead the team in scoring and rebounding in the same game with 18 points and seven rebounds against Gonzaga.
After being seen on the Arkansas bench wearing a bow tie through the 2012-13 season after transferring from Houston, redshirt junior Alandise Harris has quickly introduced Razorback nation to his style on the court.
· Has 95 points on just 55 field goal attempts.
· Tops on the team and 12th in the SEC in scoring at 15.8 points per game.
· Only player to lead the team in scoring multiple times with Arkansas going 3-0 in those games.
· Reached double figures in a half four times - twice in the first half and twice in the second.
· Seventh in the SEC in free throw percentage (.818) and second in total attempts with 44, two behind Andrew Harrison Kentucky who played eight games.
· Team leader in steals (9) and blocks (9).
Led by Anthlon Bell and Michael Qualls, the four-man sophomore class is averaging 32.2 points per game, the most by any of Arkansas’ four classes.
· Qualls is third among SEC sophomores in scoring at 15.5 points per night, while Bell is eighth among league second-year players at 11.2 points.
· Group has scored a combined 30+ points three times this season after doing so just once in 2012-13.
· Account for 27 of Arkansas’ 42 three-pointers.
· Combined to score 48 of Arkansas’ 99 points in the season opener, the most by the quartet since they stepped on campus.
· Member of the class has scored double figures in eight straight games dating back to 2012-13.