Date: Thursday, December 19, 2013
Time: 7:07 P.M.
City: Fayetteville, Ark.
Site: Bud Walton Arena (19,200)
TV: Razorback Sports Network (RSN)
Channels: KNWA, KATV. KAIT - 8.2 (digital tier)
Talent: Scott Inman (P-B-P) & Blake Eddins (Analyst)
Audio: Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Talent: Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer (Analyst)
Live Blog & Live Stats: www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Hashtags: #Fastest40 | #WeHogs
Current Streak: W3
Last 5 Games: 4-1
Home Record: 6-0
Current Streak at Home: W20
Vs. UT Martin: 2-0
Last Meeting: December 3, 1992
Arkansas 90, UT Martin 72
AT A GLANCE
Arkansas returns to Bud Walton Arena court after a seven-day break due to finals by hosting UT Martin on Thursday night. Both teams enter on three-game win streaks, as Scott Inman and Blake Eddins will have the call for Razorback Sports Network. The Razorbacks’ 6-0 record at Bud Walton Arena puts its home win streak at 20 games, good for the fifth-longest streak in the nation. Arkansas has also won 40 consecutive home games against unranked non-conference opponents.
• Own a 20-game win streak at Bud Walton Arena, good for the fifth-longest current home win streak in the nation.
• Won last 40 home games against unranked non-conference opponents, dating back to 2009.
• Rated No. 23 by ESPN.com in RPI.
• Averaging 86.8 points per game at home this season.
• Lead the SEC and rank 19th in the nation in scoring (85.1).
• Also lead the SEC in assists (15.9), three-pointer percentage (.386), assist/turnover ratio (1.3) and turnover margin (+5.7), a figure it has led the league in both years under coach Anderson.
• Turnover margin of +5.7 ranks seventh in the nation, while its out-scoring opponents by 10.1 per game in points off turnovers.
• Finished with equal or more assists than turnovers in every game, while opponents have accomplished the same feat just once.
• Won the turnover battle in 13 straight games dating back to last year and 62 of 73 games under coach Anderson.
• Only team in the SEC to score 72+ points in every game.
• The Arkansas bench is averaging 40.9 points, good for 48 percent of the team’s scoring, has supplied a double figure scorer in all but one game and has out-scored the opposition eight times resulting in a +18.0 per game margin.
• Sophomore class supplying 30.3 points per game - most by any of the four classes.
• Own the sixth-longest current streak in the nation with a three-pointer in 813 consecutive contests.
• Of Arkansas’ 40 home wins (40-4) under Anderson, 29 have come by double-digits.
• Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 17 times (16-1), including three times this season, under Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 25 contests (18-7).
• Anderson’s #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 314 of 371 career games.
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Record at Arkansas: 44-29 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 244-127 (12th Season)
Vs. UT Martin: 1-0
Head Coach: Jason James (Graceland ‘00)
Record at UT Martin: 34-102 (5th Season)
Overall Record: Same
Vs. Arkansas: First Meeting
HOME SWEET HOME
With its 6-0 start, Arkansas has stretched its win streak at Bud Walton to 20 games, good for the fifth-longest home streak in program history. Below is a look at some figures during the current 20-game home win streak.
• Scoring margin of +17.4 with seven wins of 20+ points.
• Averaging 80.9 points while shooting 47.1 percent (540-1146) with nine games of 80+ points.
• Led at the half in 19 of 20 games.
• Opponents are averaging just 27.5 points in the first half, breaking 34 points just two times.
• Razorbacks haven’t lost the turnover battle in any of the 20 games, forcing 20 or more turnovers eight times for an average of 19.7.
• Held 17 teams below 50 percent from the field.
• 11 different players have reached double figures.
Longest Current Home Win Streaks
1. Missouri 25
2. Duke 22
Stephen F. Austin 22
4. Florida 21
5. Arkansas 20
6. Gonzaga 16
Norfolk State 16
10. Kentucky 15
SCOUTING UT MARTIN
• Enter on a three-game win streak that has resulted in the team’s first 3-0 start to the month of December since 2005.
• Will play its eighth true road game of the season (2-5).
• Averaging 80.3 points over three-game win streak in which two wins have come on the road.
• Redshirt junior Myles Taylor, an Arkansas native, leads four players averaging double figures at 15.4 points per game.
• Taylor also leads the team in rebounding (5.4) and recently became the 17th player in UT Martin history to surpass 1,000 career points.
• Senior sharp-shooter Mike Liabo returned to the lineup six games ago has averaged 15.3 points thanks to 48 percent (19-40) shooting from three-point land.
• Redshirt junior Terrence Smith holds the team’s longest current double figure streak at eight games and averages 13.8 points per night.
STARTING 5 QUICK HITS
• One of two players to start every game.
• Team leader with 20 assists and +3.5 assist/turnover ratio.
• Positive assist/turnover ratio every game and no turn. five times.
• Scored a career-high 10 points in win over Minnesota.
• Has committed just 19 turnovers in 30 games as a Razorback.
• Averaging 8.3 points per game.
• Team leader with 17 three-pointers.
• Has multiple threes in five games.
• Arkansas is 6-2 when he reaches double figures.
• Made 50th career three last time out vs. Savannah State.
• Coming off career-high 21 points vs. Savannah State.
• Reached double figures in five of the last six games.
• One of four double figure scorers at 10.1 points per game.
• Started the last two games, averaging 15.0 points.
• Hit 11 of last 16 from three; made just seven threes last season.
• Averaging 7.2 points and 5.0 rebounds.
• Returned to the starting five vs. Savannah State with 10 boards.
• Owns four career double-digit rebound efforts.
• Has led the team in rebounding in 13 of 39 career games.
• Team co-captain.
• Named SEC Freshman of the Week on Dec. 9.
• Averaging 13.8 points and 6.8 rebounds the last five games.
• Reached double figures six times, including five straight.
• Has grabbed 16 offensive rebounds in the last four games.
• Only player to lead the team in points & rebounds in same game.
A common trait of MIKE ANDERSON-led teams is a balanced scoring attack and this year that style has led to 85.1 points per game, the top scoring average in the SEC.
• Rank 19th in the nation in scoring ... coach Anderson-led teams have finished in the top 25 in scoring four times.
• Only SEC program that has scored 72 or more points in every game, while the 111 points vs. SE Louisiana is tied for the most by an SEC team this season.
• One of five SEC teams with four players averaging double figures.
• Shot 50 percent in four games (4-0).
• Four players averaging double figures, while six players are at 7.2 points or higher.
• Eight different players have reached double figures.
• At least three players have reached double-digits in eight of nine games, highlighted by five twice.
• Of those eight different double figure scorers, five have done it in a single half.
• Five different players have led the team in scoring.
• Freshman BOBBY PORTIS is the only player to lead the team in scoring and rebounding, doing in two games.
BIG AND BIGGER
Freshmen big men BOBBY PORTIS and MOSES KINGSLEY, who were both top 50 recruits, have made a major jump in their last five games compared to their first four. Portis has reached double figures all five games while leading the team in scoring (13.8) and rebounding (6.8) over that span, while Kingsley has a team-high 13 blocks. The duo also has a combined 26 offensive rebounds over the last five games, ranking first and second on the team. Below is a look at Portis and Kingsley’s combined totals through the first four games compared to the last five.
First 4 Games
Points Rebounds Blocks FG-FGA
9.6 4.3 5 12-32
Last 5 Games
Points Rebounds Blocks FG-FGA
20.4 11.0 18 38-64