@RAZORBACKMBB (9-2) vs. High Point (3-7)
Date: Saturday, December 28, 2013
Time: 7:05 P.M.
City: Fayetteville Ark.
Site: Bud Walton Arena (19,200)
TV: Razorback Sports Network (RSN) & ESPN3
Channels: KFTA, KATV, KAIT - 8.1 (main channel)
Talent: Scott Inman (P-B-P) & Blake Eddins (Analyst)
Audio: Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Talent: Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer (Analyst)
Live Blog & Live Stats: www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Hashtags: #Fastest40 | #WeHogs
Current Streak: W5
Last 5 Games: 5-0
Home Record: 7-0
Current Streak at Home: W21
Vs. High Point: First Meeting
Last Meeting: First Meeting
AT A GLANCE
Looking to reach 10 wins by the start of the New Year for the third time in the last four years, Arkansas returns from Christmas break by hosting High Point on Saturday night at Bud Walton Arena. The Razorbacks will be looking to complete the third unbeaten calendar year in Bud Walton Arena history, as they are riding a 21-game win streak at home and are 17-0 in 2013. The two previous unbeaten calendar years were in 1994 (16-0) and 1998 (15-0). Arkansas’ 21-game home win streak is the fourth-longest in the nation, while it is also riding a five-game win streak.
• Currently 17-0 at Bud Walton Arena in 2013, looking to closeout just the third (1994, 98) perfect
calendar year at BWA since it opened in 1993-94.
• Own a 21-game win streak at Bud Walton Arena, good for the fourth-longest current home win
streak in the nation.
• Averaging 89.0 points per game at home this season (7-0).
• Lead the SEC and rank 13th in the nation in scoring (85.5).
• Also lead the SEC in assists (16.2), scoring margin (+17.5), three-pointer percentage (.388),
assist/turnover ratio (1.3) and turnover margin (+5.3), a figure it has led the league in both years
under coach Anderson.
• Nine different players have reached double figures while six players have led the team in scoring.
• One of two SEC teams to score 100 points twice this season.
• Only team in the SEC to score 72+ points in every game.
• One of seven SEC teams with four players in double figures.
• Won nine straight in the month of December
• Turnover margin of +5.3 ranks 10th in the nation, while its out-scoring opponents by 11.0 per
game in points off turnovers.
• Finished with equal or more assists than turnovers in all but one game, while opponents have
accomplished the same feat twice.
• Won the turnover battle in 15 straight games dating back to last year and 64 of 75 games under
• The Arkansas bench is averaging 39.6 points, has supplied a double figure scorer in all but one
game and has out-scored the opposition 10 times resulting in a +17.4 per game margin.
• Of Arkansas’ 41 home wins (41-4) under Anderson, 30 have come by double-digits.
• Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 18 times (17-1), including four times this season, under
Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 26 contests (19-7).
• Anderson’s #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 316 of
373 career games.
STREAKS TO WATCH FOR
811 Owning the sixth-longest streak in the country, Arkansas has made a three-pointer in 811 straight
games. The Razorbacks made a three in every game in the decade of the ‘90s and ‘00s, and have
failed to hit a three in a game just six times in 888 contests since the three was added to college
41 The Razorbacks have 41 consecutive home games against unranked opponents, dating back to
21 Arkansas has won 21 straight home games at Bud Walton Arena, good for the fourth-longest streak
in the nation.
15 The #Fastest40 style of head coach MIKE ANDERSON has led to the Razorbacks winning the
turnover battle in 15 straight games dating back to last season.
13 The SEC’s top scoring team (85.5), Arkansas has scored 70+ points in 13 straight game dating back
to last season, the longest streak since the 14-game run in the 1997-98 campaign. The program’s
longest streak of 39 games came over the final 18 games of the 1993-94 National Championship
year and the first 21 contests of the 1994-95 season in which the Razorbacks went back to the title
7 Freshman BOBBY PORTIS has reached double figures in seven straight games, the second-longest
streak by a Razorback this year.
5 Arkansas current five-game win streak is the 18th-longest in the nation and the third five-game
win streak under head coach Anderson. The Razorbacks have had a five-game win streak each
season under Anderson. The longest win streak under Anderson is seven games, set in his first year
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Record at Arkansas: 46-29 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 246-127 (12th Season)
Vs. High Point: First Meeting
Head Coach: Scott Cherry (North Carolina ‘93)
Record at High Point: 60-73 (5th Season)
Overall Record: Same
Vs. Arkansas: First Meeting
SCOUTING HIGH POINT
• Return all five starters from last year’s team that went 12-4 in Big South play to finish first in the
North Division and advanced to postseason play in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament (CIT).
• Predicted to finish first in the Big South North Division in the preseason poll, receiving 25 of the 30
first place votes.
• Enter Saturday on a five-game losing streak and a 1-5 record on the road with stops at Syracuse
• Big South Preseason Player of the Year redshirt sophomore John Brown is the only player in the Big
South to rank in the top five in scoring (18.7/4th) and rebounding (8.1/3rd).
• Brown, who has a pair of double-doubles, was the Big South Freshman of the Year last season and
was just the second freshman in league history to be named to the All-Conference first team.
• Brown accounts for 40 of the team’s 107 offensive rebounds.
• Graduate student Allan Chaney averaged 15.4 points and 8.6 rebounds through five games before
being forced to sit out due to a heart ailment.
• Chaney was the CBSSports.com Comeback Player of the Year in 2012-13, and a Big South All
Conference second team choice after averaging 14.5 points and 8.1 rebounds.
STARTING 5 QUICK HITS
• Started all five games during win streak; 13.6 points per game.
• Had a career-high 21 points vs. Savannah State on Dec. 12.
• Reached double figures in seven of the last eight games.
• One of four double figure scorers at 10.4 points per game.
• Hit 12 of last 20 from three; made just seven threes last season.
• Averaging 8.4 points per game.
• Team leader with 18 three-pointers.
• Has multiple threes in five games.
• Arkansas is 6-2 when he reaches double figures.
• Owns 51 three-pointers in 40 career games.
• Team leader in scoring at 14.1 points, good for 15th in the SEC.
• Reached double figures a team-high 10 times.
• 155 points scored is 11 more than his entire freshman year.
• Scored double-digits in half six times this season.
• Team leader with 15 dunks.
• Averaging 10.0 points and 9.0 rebounds the last three games.
• Started the last three games.
• Eighth of 12 career double figure games are as a starter.
• Owns four career double-digit rebound efforts.
• Team co-captain.
• Only player to start all 11 games.
• Reached double figures in seven straight games.
• Second in scoring (12.0) & tied for team lead in rebounding (5.6).
• Averaging 14.1 points and 7.0 rebounds the last seven games.
• Named SEC Freshman of the Week on Dec. 9.