@RAZORBACKMBB (12-5, 1-3) at Tennessee (11-6, 2-2)
Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Time: 7:00 P.M.
City: Knoxville, Tenn.
Site: Thompson-Bowling Arena (21,678)
TV: SEC TV
Online Video: ESPN3 & WatchESPN
Talent: Dari Nowkhah (P-B-P) & Joe Dean (Analyst)
Audio: Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Talent: Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer (Analyst)
Live Stats: www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Hashtags: #Fastest40 | #WeHOGS
Current Streak: L1
Last 5 Games: 2-3 | Last 10 Games: 7-3
Road Record: 0-2 | Current Streak: L5
Vs. Tennessee: 14-17 | Streak: W1
Last Meeting: Arkansas, 73-60 • Feb. 2, 2013
AT A GLANCE
Arkansas enters Wednesday’s SEC road test at Tennessee having played three straight overtime games for the first time in program history. Holding a lead with under five minutes to play in all three games, the Razorbacks are just minutes away from being 3-1 in the SEC against a slate that is 13-3 thus far, but enter with a 12-5 overall mark and 1-3 record in league action. Arkansas will be looking to snap a five-game losing streak on the road and a three-game streak in Knoxville. The Razorbacks rank 14th in the nation in scoring offense (83.3) and haven’t been held below 70 points in back-to-back games over their last 21 outings.
@RazorbackMBB FAST BREAK FACTS
• Last three games have gone into overtime, a first in program history ... previous three overtime
games came over a span of 101 contests.
• Lead the SEC and rank 14th in the nation in scoring (83.3).
• Only team in the SEC to score 100 points three times, which is the same total produced the
previous seven years combined.
• Nine different players have reached double figures while six players have led the team in scoring.
• One of four SEC teams with four players averaging double-digits.
• Also lead the SEC in assists (16.1), scoring margin (+14.5), assist/turnover ratio (1.4) and
turnover margin (+6.6), a figure it has led the league in both years under coach Anderson.
• Turnover margin of +6.6 ranks third in the nation, while its out-scoring opponents by 10.9 per
game in points off turnovers.
• Won the turnover battle by double-digits five times and have scored 20+ points off turnovers in 10
• Finished with equal or more assists than turnovers in all but two games, while opponents have
accomplished the same feat just three times.
• Own a 4-0 record when passing out 20+ assists while coach Anderson is 79-1 all-time when his
teams accomplish the feat.
• Won the turnover battle in 20 of last 21 games dating back to last year and 69 of 81 games under
• The Arkansas bench is averaging 36.6 points, has supplied a double figure scorer in all but three
games and has out-scored the opposition 13 times resulting in a +13.8 per game margin.
• Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 20 times (19-1), including six times (6-0) this season, under
Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 29 contests (22-7).
• Anderson’s #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 321 of
379 career games.
• Trailed for a total of 42:44 at home over 450 minutes in 11 games, and haven’t trailed at all in
• Averaging 89.5 points per game at home this season (10-1).
NO MORE DRAMA
Arkansas’ three straight overtime games are a first in program history, while it’s also the first time since the 2010-11 campaign its played three straight contests decided by five points or less. Each of the three games have been close from start to finish with either team leading by more than five points for just 9:46 out of the 135 minutes.
points in the same game.
THIS DAY IN @RAZORBACKMBB HISTORY
Arkansas is 9-5 on Jan. 22, dating back to the 1959-60 campaign, the last year dates are available for each game. On this date in 1994, then-sophomore CORLISS WILLIAMSON scored 27 points on 10-of-12 from the field to lead No. 3 Arkansas to a 79-53 win over visiting South Carolina. Williamson scored 20+ points 23 times that season while the Razorbacks won 10 games by 20+ points en route to bring the National Championship to Fayetteville.
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Record at Arkansas: 49-32 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 249-130 (12th Season)
Vs. Tennessee: 1-1
Head Coach: Cuonzo Martin (Purdue ‘00)
Record at Tennessee: 50-34 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 111-75 (6th Season)
Vs. Arkansas: 1-1
• Led by third-year head coach Cuonzo Martin, the Volunteers are 8-2 at Thompson-Boling Arena,
holding all 10 home opponents to under 70 points.
• Volunteers lead the SEC in scoring defense (62.0) and rebound margin (+12.5) in league play.
• Led by the frontcourt duo of Jarnell Stokes and Jeronne Maymon’s 7.9 offensive caroms per game,
the Volunteers rank eighth in the nation in offensive rebounds (14.7).
• Tennessee has allowed just three opponents to score 70 points this season, resulting in an 0-3
record, while its also only lost the battle on the boards three times (0-3).
• Senior Jordan McRae ranks sixth in the SEC in scoring at 18.4 points per game, going for 20+
points seven times.
• Both Stokes and McRae are on the Wooden and Naismith Award watch lists.
The home team has won the last four regular season meetings between the two clubs and 16 of 22 overall. Tennessee is 9-2 all-time against the Razorbacks in Knoxville, giving the Volunteers a 17-14 edge in the series. Since Arkansas joined the SEC in 1991-92, 18 of its 27 meetings with Tennessee have been decided by 10 points or less. Last year in Fayetteville, Arkansas forced Tennessee into 20 turnovers that led to 27 points and a 73-60 win. Arkansas is 19-1 under Anderson when forcing 20 turnovers.
STARTING 5 QUICK 5 HITS
• Third player to lead the team in scoring first three SEC games.
• Averaging 16.3 points in league play to rank 10th in the SEC.
• Scored career-high 23 points vs. No. 10/11 Florida.
• Started last 11 contests; 13.9 ppg and 22-of-46 from three.
• Team-high 26 threes after 24 combined his first two years.
• Averaging 10.5 points the last two games.
• Committed just seven turnovers of his last 256 minutes played.
• Coming off a career-high 12 points at Georgia.
• Third on the team with 29 assists and just 11 turnovers.
• Has a positive or equal assist/turnover ratio in all but one game.
• Game-winning dunk with 0.2 seconds left vs. Kentucky.
• Landed on SportsCenter’s Top 10 plays four times this season.
• Tops on the team in scoring (12.4) and double figure outings (14).
• Team leader with 19 dunks.
• Has scored 211 points compared to 144 all of last season.
• Started the last nine games; 9.9 ppg & 6.8 rpg.
• Went for a double-double of 16 points and 14 boards vs. Florida.
• Has led the team on the boards five times.
• Second on the team in scoring (10.0) and rebounding (7.3).
• Double-digit rebounds in two of the last four games & four total.
• Two-time SEC Freshman of the Week - Dec. 9 & Jan. 6.
• One of three SEC freshman in the T-25 in scoring & T-15 in boards.
• Second on the team in scoring (12.1) and tops in rebounding (6.6).
• Has led the way in scoring a team-high seven times (5-2).
• Reached double figures in 12 games with three double-doubles.