@RAZORBACKMBB (12-6, 1-4) vs.
Auburn (8-8, 0-5)
Date: Saturday, January 25, 2014
Time: 5:04 P.M.
City: Fayetteville, Ark.
Site: Bud Walton Arena (19,200)
TV: Fox Sports South & ESPN Full Court
Online Video: ESPN3
Talent: Dave Neal (P-B-P) & Larry Conley (Analyst)
Audio: Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Talent: Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer (Analyst)
Live Stats: www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Hashtags: #Fastest40 | #WeHOGS
Current Streak: L2
Last 5 Games: 1-4 | Last 10 Games: 6-4
Home Record: 10-1 | Current Streak: W1
Vs. Auburn: 30-16 | Streak: W6
Vs. Auburn At BWA: 18-2
Last Meeting: Arkansas, 83-75 • Feb. 13, 2013
AT A GLANCE
Arkansas will look to snap a two-game skid on Saturday when it welcomes Auburn to Bud Walton Arena during the American Cancer Society’s Coaches vs. Cancer Suits and Sneakers weekend. The Razorbacks boast a 10-1 record at home this season, including a dramatic 87-85 overtime win against Kentucky on Jan. 14. Arkansas’ first five SEC opponents currently hold a 19-6 record in league play, while its last three losses have come by a combined 14 points. The top scoring team in the SEC (82.8), Arkansas is averaging 89.5 points per game at home.
@RazorbackMBB FAST BREAK FACTS
• Won 24 of the last 25 games at Bud Walton Arena, including 10 of the last 11 SEC contests.
• Trailed for a total of 42:44 at home over 450 minutes in 11 games, and haven’t trailed at all in
• Averaging 89.5 points per game at home this season (10-1).
• Played three straight overtime games vs. Florida, vs. Kentucky and at Georgia, a first in program
history ... previous three overtime games came over a span of 101 contests.
• Lead the SEC and rank 18th in the nation in scoring (82.8).
• Only team in the SEC to score 100 points three times, which is the same total produced the
previous seven years combined.
• 10 different players have reached double figures while six players have led the team in scoring.
• Also lead the SEC in assists (15.9), assist/turnover ratio (1.4) and turnover margin (+6.4), a figure
it has led the league in both years under coach Anderson.
• Turnover margin of +6.4 ranks third in the nation, while its out-scoring opponents by 10.4 per
game in points off turnovers.
• Won the turnover battle by double-digits five times and have scored 20+ points off turnovers in 11
• Finished with equal or more assists than turnovers in 16 games, while opponents have
accomplished the same feat just three times.
• Own a 4-0 record when passing out 20+ assists while coach Anderson is 79-1 all-time when his
teams accomplish the feat.
• Won the turnover battle in 21 of last 22 games dating back to last year and 70 of 82 games under
• The Arkansas bench is averaging 36.0 points, has supplied a double figure scorer in all but three
games and has out-scored the opposition 14 times resulting in a +14.1 per game margin.
• Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 20 times (19-1), including six times (6-0) this season, under
Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 29 contests (22-7).
• Anderson’s #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 322 of
380 career games.
Arkansas’ first SEC opponent when it joined the league in 1991-92 was Auburn. The two teams met on Jan. 4, 1992, at Barnhill Arena with senior TODD DAY’S then career-high 35 points leading the Razorbacks to a 110-92 victory. Just nine days later, Day poured in 43 points in a win at LSU, while Arkansas went on to win its first 10 SEC home games at Barnhill Arena until, oddly enough, Auburn snapped that streak with a 100-89 victory on Jan. 23, 1993.
THIS DAY IN @RAZORBACKMBB HISTORY
Arkansas is 8-4 on Jan. 25, dating back to the 1959-60 campaign, the last year dates are available for each game. Ironically, the Razorbacks’ last two wins on Jan. 25th have been at Bud Walton Arena against Auburn in 2011 and 2012. On this date in 1992, No. 9 Arkansas defeated No. 8 Kentucky, 105-88, in Lexington, Ky. in front of a crowd of 24,324. Led by a combined 60 points from LEE MAYBERRY, OLIVER MILLER and TODD DAY, the Razorbacks picked up their fifth straight SEC win in their first season in the league.
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Record at Arkansas: 49-33 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 249-131 (12th Season)
Vs. Auburn: 4-0
Head Coach: Tony Barbee (UMass ‘93)
Record at Auburn: 43-67 (4th Season)
Overall Record: 125-119 (8th Season)
Vs. Arkansas: 0-6
• Enters Saturday on a five-game losing streak with four of the five losses coming by eight points or
• Have dropped 14 straight SEC contests.
• Saturday will be Auburn’s fourth SEC road game.
• Picked up home non-conference wins against Murray State, Clemson and Boston College.
• Sport the top scoring duo in the SEC in junior KT Harrell and senior Chris Denson at a combined
38.2 points per game.
• Duo accounts for 52 percent of the team’s scoring.
• Either Harrell or Denson has led the team in scoring in all 16 games, combining for 17 20-point
• Harrell ranks second in the SEC in scoring at 19.3 points, reaching double figures in all 16 games.
• Denson is fourth in the SEC in scoring (18.9).
• Freshman Tahj Shamsid-Deen ranks ninth in the SEC in assists (3.3) and second in assist/turnover
Arkansas has taken six straight and seven of the last eight from Auburn to hold a 30-16 edge in the all-time series. The last eight meetings between the two teams have been decided by 10 points or less, including a pair of overtime games in 2010 and 2013 at Bud Walton Arena that finished in favor of the Razorbacks. Arkansas is 19-3 overall at home against the Tigers, including 18-2 at Bud Walton Arena with a four-game win streak.
STARTING 5 QUICK 5 HITS
• Averaging 16.0 points in league play to rank 11th in the SEC.
• Reached double figures in 13 of the last 15 games.
• Scored career-high 23 points vs. No. 10/11 Florida.
• Started last 11 contests; 13.9 ppg and 22-of-46 from three.
• Team-high 27 threes after 24 combined his first two years.
• Averaging 10.7 points the last three games.
• Scored double figures in back-to-back games for first time.
• Committed just seven turnovers of his last 277 minutes played.
• Had career-highs in points (12) and threes (3) at Georgia.
• Has a positive or equal assist/turnover ratio in all but one game.
• Arkansas is 7-2 all-time when he reaches double figures.
• Averaging 6.9 points per game.
• Second with 26 threes after a team-best 33 in 2012-13.
• Has made a three-pointer in 13 games.
• Made nine starts on the year.
• Has led the team in scoring the last two games (14.5 ppg).
• Started the last 10 games; 10.5 ppg & 7.0 rpg.
• Has led the team on the boards six times, including three in SEC.
• Season-high 16 points at Tennessee with 14 in the second half.
• Went for a double-double of 16 points and 14 boards vs. Florida.
• Only Razorback to start all 18 games.
• Two-time SEC Freshman of the Week - Dec. 9 & Jan. 6.
• Third on the team in scoring (11.6) and tops in rebounding (6.4).
• Has led the way in scoring a team-high seven times (5-2).
• Reached double figures in 12 games with three double-doubles.