@RAZORBACKMBB (15-9, 4-7) vs. LSU (15-8, 6-5)
Date: Saturday, February 15, 2014
Time: 4:05 P.M.
City: Fayetteville, Ark.
Site: Bud Walton Arena (19,200)
Online Video: ESPN3 & WatchESPN
Talent: Tom Hart (P-B-P) & Jon Sundvold (Analyst)
Audio: Razorback/IMG Sports Network
Talent: Chuck Barrett (P-B-P) & Rick Schaeffer (Analyst)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 136, XM 201
Live Stats: www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com
Hashtags: #Fastest40 | #WeHOGS
Last 5 Games: 2-3 | Streak: L1
Home Record: 12-2 | Streak: W1
Vs. LSU: 31-26 | Streak: L4
At Bud Walton Arena: 14-5 | Streak: W3
Last Meeting: LSU, 88-74 • February 1, 2014
AT A GLANCE
Coming off its fourth game decided by two points or less in SEC play, Arkansas will look to get back on track when it hosts LSU on Saturday at Bud Walton Arena. The game will feature two of top three scoring teams in the SEC, as the Razorbacks’ 81.2 points per game are tops in the league and 20th nationally. During halftime, Arkansas will honor members from its six Final Four teams (1941, 1945, 1978, 1990, 1994, 1995) and also present former Arkansas Governor and President of the United States of America Bill Clinton with a No. 42 jersey.
@RazorbackMBB FAST BREAK FACTS
• One of three Division I programs and the only BCS team to rank in the top 30 nationally in scoring
(81.2/20th), assists (15.5/T-30th), steals (8.3/18th) and blocks (5.5/T-27th).
• Lead the SEC and rank 20th in the nation in scoring (81.2) with no players in the top 20 in the SEC
• Only team in the SEC to score 100 points three times, which is the same total produced the
previous seven years combined.
• 10 different players have reached double figures while six players have led the team in scoring.
• The Arkansas bench is averaging 33.8 points, has supplied a double figure scorer in all but four
games and has out-scored the opposition 20 times resulting in a +14.8 per game margin.
• Own a 71-13 edge in bench points over the last two games.
• Also lead the SEC in assists (15.5), assist/turnover ratio (1.3) and turnover margin (+5.9), a figure
it has led the league in both years under coach Anderson.
• Turnover margin of +5.9 ranks fourth in the nation.
• Won the turnover battle by double-digits five times and have scored 20+ points off turnovers in 13
• Finished with equal or more assists than turnovers in 21 games, while opponents have
accomplished the feat just four times.
• Own a 5-0 record when passing out 20+ assists while coach Anderson is 80-1 all-time when his
teams accomplish the feat.
• Won the turnover battle in 27 of last 28 games dating back to last year and 76 of 88 games under
• Hit a three-pointer in 828 consecutive games, good for the sixth-longest streak in the nation.
• Forced opponents into 20 turnovers 20 times (19-1), including six times (6-0) this season, under
Anderson, while coming away with 10+ steals in 31 contests (23-8).
• Anderson’s #Fastest40 style of play has resulted in his teams winning the turnover battle in 328 of
386 career games.
WHAT TIME IS IT? @BPORTISTIME!
Freshman BOBBY PORTIS collected his third SEC Freshman of the Week award on Monday which was also his 19th birthday. Portis’ third weekly conference accolade came after a 2-0 week for the Razorbacks which saw the 6-foot-10 forward average 21.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.0 blocks while shooting 17-of-25 from the field. Portis’ week was highlighted by an Arkansas freshman record 35 points against Alabama that included nine boards and six blocks. A native of Little Rock, Portis’ three SEC Freshman of the Week accolades are tied for the most by a Razorback, equaling the total by current Houston Rocket PATRICK BEVERLEY in the 2006-07 campaign. Portis is also tied with LSU freshman Jordan Mickey for the most weekly honors this season.
Category Stat SEC Overall SEC Freshman
Points 13.2 21st 6th
Rebounds 6.6 12th 4th
Offensive Reb. 2.6 11th 3rd
Field Goal Pct. .539 3rd 2nd
Blocks 1.4 T-8th 4th
Double-Doubles 3 T-7th 3rd
SEC Weekly Awards 3 -- T-1st
THIS DAY IN @RAZORBACKMBB
Arkansas is 10-7 on Feb. 15, dating back to the 1959-60 campaign, the last year dates are available for each game. On this date in 1995 at Bud Walton Arena, No. 10 Arkansas defeated No. 18 Alabama, 86-80, behind a combined 53 points from All-Americans SCOTTY THURMAN and CORLISS WILLIAMSON. The Razorbacks trailed by four at the half, but out-scored the Crimson Tide 44-34 in the final 20 minutes. Thurman set season-highs with 29 points and nine rebounds, while Williamson had 24 points. It was the second of three straight games that both Thurman and Williamson reached 20 points. The victory was part of an eight-game win streak to close the regular season.
HEAD COACHING MATCHUP
Record at Arkansas: 52-36 (3rd Season)
Overall Record: 252-134 (12th Season)
Vs. LSU: 2-5
Head Coach: Johnny Jones (LSU ‘84)
Record at LSU: 34-20 (2nd Season)
Overall Record: 239-182 (14th Season)
Vs. Arkansas: 3-2
Saturday marks the 20th meeting between the two teams at Bud Walton Arena. The Razorbacks lead the all-time series by a 31-26 margin, but the Tigers have taken the last four meetings and eight of the last 11. Aside from the 2012 SEC Tournament clash, the home team has won the last eight games in the series, while Arkansas is 14-5 at BWA. Of the 57 meetings, 30 have been decided by 10 points or less.
• Part of a two-way tie for fifth place in the SEC at 6-5.
• Lost four straight on the road in SEC play, giving up an average of 86.0 points over that run.
• Third in the SEC in scoring (77.5) behind six players averaging 8.9 points or more.
• Junior Johnny O’Bryant III is one of just two players in the SEC in the top 10 in scoring and
• O’Bryant’s 15.4 points are good for 10th in the SEC while he’s seventh on the glass at a 7.3 per
• Three-time SEC Freshman of the Week Jordan Mickey is right behind his frontcourt mate O’Bryant
at 13.7 points and leads the team with 7.5 rebounds.
• Mickey leads the SEC in blocks with 82.
• Backcourt duo of Anthony Hickey (3.6) and Andre Stringer (2.3) rank first and second in the SEC in
• Hickey is also tied for third in the SEC with 2.0 steals.
STARTING 5 QUICK 5 HITS
• Averaging 15.8 points in league play to rank 13th in the SEC.
• Reached double figures in 18 of the last 21 games.
• Scored 20+ points in three SEC contests.
• Has led the team in scoring seven of 11 SEC games.
• Team-high 38 threes after 24 combined his first two years.
• Averaging 7.0 points the last four games after 2.4 over first 17.
• Made second start of the season at Missouri.
• Totaled 43 minutes in the second half over the last three games.
• Seventh in program history with 76 career steals in SEC play.
• Has a steal in 84 of 116 career games.
• Started the last 13 games and is averaging 4.5 points.
• No turnovers in seven of the last 10 games.
• Has a positive or equal assist/turnover ratio in all but two games.
• Committed no turnovers in 14 games.
• Had career-highs in points (12) and threes (3) at Georgia.
• Averaging 8.8 points & 5.5 rebounds with a team-best 31 steals.
• Led the team on the boards seven times, including four in SEC.
• Season-high 16 points at Tennessee with 14 in the second half.
• Went for a double-double of 16 points and 14 boards vs. Florida.
• Career 49 percent (18-37) shooter from three in SEC play.
• Three-time SEC Freshman of the Week - Dec. 9, Jan. 6 & Feb. 10.
• Scored an Arkansas freshman record 35 points vs. Alabama.
• Team leader in scoring (13.2) and rebounding (6.6).
• Vying to become first freshman to lead Arkansas in pts & reb.
• Only Razorback to start all 24 games.