– The University of Arkansas softball team posted an 8-1 win over St. John's Friday evening behind a complete-game effort in the circle from freshman Grace Moll
. At the plate, senior Clarisa Navarro
had two hits to go along with two RBI. With the result, Arkansas won its third straight and improves to 5-3 on the season. The team returns to the field Saturday for another matchup with St. John’s at 4:30 p.m. (CT)
In the circle, Moll registered four strikeouts and limited St. John’s to five hits and one unearned run. In two starts this weekend, the Shelbyville, Ill., native has totaled 12 strikeouts, given up just six hits and held opposing hitters to a .146 batting average. With Saturday’s effort, she improved to 2-1 on the season. Combined with Moll’s performance, the Razorbacks scored eight runs for the third-straight game and have scored at least eight times in all five wins this year.
Navarro was one of three Razorbacks, along with Jayme Gee
and Sierra Bronkey
, to tally two RBI against St. John’s starter Francesca Carrullo. Stephanie Canfield
was the other Arkansas hitter with two hits in Friday’s game. Six different Razorbacks scored at least one run including Devon Wallace
who scored the 100th and 101st runs of her Razorback career. With two walks, she also boosted her season total to 10 through the team’s first eight games. One game after going 4-for-4 at the plate, Kasey Fagan
drew a season-high three walks Friday.
• Devon Wallace
scored the 100th run of her career when she crossed the plate Friday in the first inning.
• First win of the season without the benefit of a home run.
• No strikeouts for the Razorback offense for the first time this season.
• Arkansas scored eight runs for the third-straight game.
• With 5-3 record, Arkansas is 15 wins away from 400 as a program.
• First-ever meeting between Arkansas and St. John’s.
• Now 18-1 against the teams competing at the Arkansas Invitational: Butler (4-0), Jackson State (5-0), St. John’s (1-0) and UMKC (8-1).
• Back to the field Saturday afternoon to play St. John’s > first pitch at 4:30p at #Bogle Park #WPS
• Suite rentals at #BoglePark are available for the 2014 season bit.ly/1fnObYR
• Don’t miss out on @RazorbackSB games at #BoglePark, season tix available now bit.ly/1hWLW4I
For more information on Arkansas softball, follow @RazorbackSB on Twitter.