BATON ROUGE, La. -- The University of Arkansas women's basketball team (17-9, 4-9 SEC) seeks a notable road win against No. 19/18 LSU (18-8, 7-6 SEC) at Pete Maravich Assembly Center in Baton Rouge, La., on Sunday.
Tipoff between the Razorbacks and the Tigers is scheduled for 1 p.m.
The game will air on CST. Please check local listings.
Thursday night's game will air in Northwest Arkansas on KOSM-FM 92.1; in Rogers on KURM-AM 790; in Fort Smith on KFPW-FM 94.5 and 1230 AM; and in Little Rock on KREB-FM 103.7.
Arkansas trails the all-time series 13-29 ... the Tigers hold a 5-14 record against the Razorbacks in Baton Rouge, La. ... UA is 4-8 against LSU under head coach Tom Collen ... the two programs first met during the 1992 season and most recently last season ... Arkansas enters on a one-game series win streak after defeating LSU 63-54 at Bud Walton Arena last season.
- Three players average double-digit scoring for LSU in SEC games, led by Theresa Plaisance with 17.2 ppg. Plaisance is tied for fourth in conference play among league scorers.
- Jeanne Kenney and Danielle Ballard also average double figures, as Kenney contributes 12.5 ppg and Ballard adds in 10.3 ppg.
- A versatile player for the Tigers, Plaisance also leads the team in both rebounding (7.1 rpg) and three-point percentage (.444).
- LSU ranks sixth in the SEC for field goal percentage (.418) and ranks second in conference play with a .756 free throw percentage.
- The Tigers have outscored opponents by an average scoring margin of +2.9, which ranks fourth in SEC play this season.
- LSU ranks in the top half of the SEC defensively, allowing opponents an average of 65.6 ppg which ranks fifth in league play. The Tigers rank fifth for field goal percentage defense (.339).
- With only 156 assists in SEC play this season, LSU ranks 12th in the conference with 12.0 apg.
- LSU holds a +1.2 turnover margin, committing an average of 15.8 mistakes per game.
- The Razorbacks lead the SEC and rank eighth in the NCAA in turnover margin with a +6.6 mark and are also first in the SEC in assist/turnover ratio at 1.1.
- Arkansas ranks third in the SEC in scoring margin, as the Razorbacks have out- scored opponents by an average of 15.1 points per game.
- Arkansas ranks second in the SEC for three-point field goals made (157), hitting an average of 6.03 treys per game.
- Arkansas ranks sixth in the SEC for three-point field goal percentage (.368). Five different Razorbacks are averaging at least .340 shooting from distance (min. 14 FG), led by Jessica Jackson with 40.8 percent (40-98 3PT).
- Arkansas ranks eighth in the SEC for field goal percentage (.423). There are five dif- ferent Razorbacks averaging greater than .415 shooting this season (min. 45 FG). Jhasmin Bowen leads the team at 54.8 percent (86-157 FG).
- The Razorbacks have finished with either the same amount or more assists than turnovers in 14 games this season, including a season-high 29 assists and just 13 turnovers against Mississippi Valley State (12/29).
- Arkansas has shot better than 40 percent in 15 games so far this season. The Ra- zorbacks accomplished the same shooting feat 13 times in 32 games last season. There are still six guaranteed games left this season for Arkansas.
- The Razorbacks have scored 70 or more points 11 times this season. Arkansas did so 14 times last season.
- Arkansas leads the SEC and is second in the NCAA in scoring defense, trailing only No. 1 UConn (47.7 ppg). The Razorbacks are allowing opponents just 52.3 points per game this season.
- Arkansas ranks third in the SEC in blocked shots averaging 4.7 rejections per game with a total of 123 swat this season.
- Arkansas ranks third in the SEC in rebounding defense with a 34.5 mark and is also fifth in the SEC with a .676 defensive rebounding percentage.
- Arkansas ranks fifth in the SEC in field goal percentage defense. The Razorbacks are allowing opponents an average of 36.8 percent shooting this season.
- Arkansas has held 16 opponents this season to more turnovers than field goals. The most recent occurrence was holding Alabama to just 18 field goals while forc- ing 25 turnovers.
- Arkansas has held a total of 11 opponents this season to season-low point totals (most recent: 49 pts vs. Florida, 2-6-14).
Head coach Tom Collen and Jeri Thorpe previewed today's matchup:
ONE OPPORTUNITY LEFT TO JOIN US
Great game tickets are still available for the final home game of the 2013-14 season. New this year, fans can choose their seat each game when they purchase a General Admission Season Ticket for $45. Reserved Season Tickets are $90 and Family Plans are available for $100. Included in the Family Plan is two adult and two youth general admission season tickets. Additional youth season tickets can be purchased for $20 each. Single game tickets are available at the door through the Razorback Ticket Center.
For more information or to purchase tickets, call the Razorback Ticket Center at 1-800-982-HOGS (4647) or go online to ArkansasRazorbacks.com.
Looking to stay up to date on Arkansas women’s basketball? Looking for that added level of access to the Razorbacks? Follow us on Twitter @RazorbackWBB for updates and exclusive access to the team you won't find anywhere else. Be sure to interact with the team by mentioning @RazorbackWBB on Twitter and utilizing the hashtags #GoHOGS and #NeverYield. For further content, check out our Facebook (/RazorbackWBB) and Instagram (@RazorbackWBB).