– The University of Arkansas softball team opened its four-game home stand with a 10-2 loss to No. 12/15 Oklahoma Wednesday afternoon at Bogle Park. The Razorbacks were paced by a two-run home run by Kasey Fagan
and a strong relief appearance by Grace Moll
. With Wednesday’s result, Arkansas is now 27-25 overall.
The home team was held off the scoreboard until Devon Wallace
lined a single to center field. With two outs and Wallace on first, Fagan sent a 2-2 offering from OU starter Kelsey Stevens over the fence in left field for her ninth home run of the season. She also increased her team-leading total to 46 RBI, most by an Arkansas hitter since 2010. Jennifer Rambo
had the team’s other hit with an infield single in the fifth inning.
Oklahoma (40-10) scored in each of the first three innings to take the early advantage on the scoreboard. Moll entered the game in the second inning and kept the Sooners off the scoreboard until a pair of unearned runs crossed the plate in the fourth. In 3.2 innings of work, Moll struck out three and didn’t walk any OU hitters. The freshman righty has no walks in three of her last four outings.
Wednesday’s game marked the start of the Razorbacks’ final home stand of the season. Arkansas closes out the regular season with a weekend SEC series against No. 7/5 Florida at Bogle Park. This weekend’s series will also include Senior Day ceremonies for Jayme Gee
on Friday, Ashley Martindale
on Saturday and Amanda Geile
Game one of the three-game slate is scheduled for Friday with first pitch at 6 p.m. (CT). The final two games of the series will be televised by ESPN with Adam Amin and Amanda Scarborough handling the play-by-play and color commentary duties, respectively.
For more information on Arkansas softball, follow @RazorbackSB on Twitter.
• Increased school-record total to 355 runs scored this season
• Increased school-record total to 321 RBI this season
• Stephanie Canfield
made third start of season in lead-off spot, first since March 8 vs. Bradley
• Kasey Fagan
recorded her team-leading 12th multi-RBI game of the season with two-run HR in fourth
o Moved in third place on program’s single-season list with 46 RBI, four shy of tying record
• Grace Moll
’s outing was her second-longest relief appearance of the season
o Longest relief outing since 6.0 innings out of the bullpen Feb. 23 vs. Harvard
• Devon Wallace
extended streak of reaching base safely to 26 games with one-out single in the fourth
o Longest streak by a Razorback this season
o Has at least one hit or walk in 49 of 52 games this season
• 10th single game/series this season against an opponent ranked or receiving votes in national polls
• Former Razorback catcher Whitney Cloer
(2006-09) is a volunteer assistant coach at Oklahoma
What to Tweet (140 characters or less)
• Friday’s game at #BoglePark v Florida is Senior Day for Jayme Gee
, first pitch at 6p #WPS
• Saturday’s game at #BoglePark v Florida is Senior Day for Ashley Martindale
, first pitch at 6:30p #WPS
• Sunday’s game at #BoglePark v Florida is Senior Day for Amanda Geile
, first pitch at 12p #WPS
• Two of three weekend games v Florida will be televised by @ESPN on Saturday, Sunday #WPS