Arkansas-Villanova postgame notes
• With the win, Arkansas improves to 2-0, while Villanova is now 0-2 on the season.
• The 24 runs scored in the first two games of the season are the most for Arkansas since the 2004 team also scored 24 in the first two games of the season.
• Senior outfielder Sam Bates
set new career highs with three hits and five RBI in the win. Bates also hit his first home run as a Razorback in the victory. Bates now has seven RBI on the season, equaling his output from the 2011 season.
• Freshman catcher John Clay Reeves
made his first career start and went 2-for-4 with two RBI.
• Redshirt sophomore outfielder Jacob Morris
had a multi-hit game for the second consecutive day. Morris went 2-for-3 with a run scored.
• Junior infielder Matt Reynolds
also had his second straight multi-hit game and now has 17 multi-hit games in his career. Reynolds finished the game 2-for-3 with two runs scored and a stolen base.
• Redshirt sophomore Jimmy Bosco
recorded his first hit, RBI and run scored as a Razorback in the win.
• Tim Carver
had a stolen base in the game and now has four steals this season and 38 in his career.
• Four Arkansas relievers (Cade Lynch
, Brandon Moore
, Ty Wright
and Chris Oliver
) combined to throw five shutout innings, allowing just three hits and striking out seven.
• Sophomore pitcher Ryne Stanek
earned the win on the mound, giving up a run and striking out four in four innings.
• Arkansas and Villanova conclude the three-game series on Sunday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Sophomore Barrett Astin
will start for the Razorbacks, while sophomore Max Almonte will start for the Wildcats.