• Arkansas improves to 6-0 on the season, while Valparaiso is now 2-2. The Razorbacks are 6-0 to start the season for the second straight year.
• The Razorbacks have now won 16 straight games in the month of February and are 235-70-1 since the 1960 season in February.
• Arkansas runs its series record against Valparaiso to 3-0 and 22-1 against members of the Horizon League.
• The Razorbacks recorded 13 hits in the game, the team’s fourth double-digit hit performance in the first six games of the season.
• Arkansas’ first six runs of the game came with two outs.
• Six different Razorback players recorded two hits in the win, including each of the first four hitters in the Arkansas lineup. The top four Razorbacks in the batting order combined to go 8-for-18 with three RBI and a run scored.
• Making his 50th career appearance, junior DJ Baxendale
improved his record to 2-0, throwing six innings and allowing three runs with six strikeouts. Dating back to last season, Baxendale has won four straight starts and seven of his last eight starts.
• Junior Cade Lynch
recorded his first save of the season, throwing the final three innings of the contest and giving up just one run, while striking out three.
• Junior Matt Reynolds
recorded his fifth multi-hit game in six appearances this season, scored two runs and also added his third stolen base of the year. For the season, Reynolds is hitting .600 (12-for-20) with five RBI and a team-high 10 runs scored.
• Junior Jacob Mahan
continued his hitting streak, recording a hit in the sixth straight game to start the season. Mahan had his second multi-hit game of the season, finishing with two hits.
• Senior Bo Bigham
had a multi-hit and multi-RBI performance in the win, finishing with two of each. Bigham has 45 multi-hit games in his career and 17 multi-RBI games.
• Sophomore Dominic Ficociello
had his third multi-hit game of the season and 23rd of his career, going 2-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored.
• Senior Sam Bates
and sophomore Jake Wise
each had their second multi-hit game of the season, with each player going 2-for-4. Wise added two RBI and a run scored.
• Redshirt senior Tim Carver
with 1-for-3 with a RBI and two runs scored. Carver has driven in a run in four consecutive games. He also added a pair of stolen bases and now has seven on the season.
• Arkansas and Valparaiso play the middle game of the series on Saturday at 1:05 p.m. Sophomore righty Ryne Stanek
(1-0, 2.25) will start for the Razorbacks, while junior righty Kyle Wormington (0-0, 1.12) will make the start for the Crusaders.