FAYETTEVILLE – Senior All-American Katherine Grable tied the school record on the floor with a nearly-flawless routine for a 9.975, with a perfect 10.0 from one judge. This is the third school-record of her career. In the team competition, the Razorbacks were outscored by No. 2 Oklahoma 197.425 – 196.650 on senior night.
Seniors Grable, Shelby Salmon, Scarlett Williams and Bailee Zumwalde competed for the last time in Barnhill Arena as Razorbacks in the regular season. Grable won her ninth all-around and titles of the season. Salmon posted a 9.825 on the bars to help the Razorbacks score a 49.000 for the event. Williams posted a 9.85 on the vault to help the Razorbacks lead after the first event and Zumwalde scored a 9.80 on the floor to help the Razorbacks score a 49.350.
The Razorbacks scored their second 196 in a row after posting a season-best road score at Nebraska of 196.700. Arkansas will take these scores into the 2014 SEC Championships in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday, March, 22.
Gymnast of the Meet – All-American Katherine Grable
· Tied the school record on the floor of 9.975
· Won her ninth all-around and floor titles of the season
· Beat Jaime Pisani’s record of scores of 9.95 on the floor in her career with 12
9.80 plus routines –
Vault – Heather Elswick 9.80, Stephani Canizaro 9.80, Scarlett Williams 9.85, Amanda Wellick 9.875, Katherine Grable 9.925
Bars – Stephani Canizaro 9.80, Amanda Wellick 9.825, Katherine Grable 9.80, Shelby Salmon 9.825
Beam – Sydnie Dillard 9.85, Samantha Nelson 9.825, Katherine Grable 9.925
Floor – Sydnie Dillard 9.85, Bailee Zumwalde 9.80, Stephani Canizaro 9.825, Amanda Wellick 9.90, Katherine Grable 9.975
What they said… co-head coach René Lyst
About the meet…
“We had a few uncharacteristic mistakes tonight that we would not like to have at this point in the season,” co-head coach René Lyst said. “We kept fighting throughout the meet and we didn’t have to count a fall.”
About The Seniors performance…
“I thought the seniors did a good job tonight,” Lyst said. “They finished really well in Barnhill and they received much deserved recognition after the meet.”
What they said… All-American Katherine Grable
About the team’s performance…
“Our score tonight definitely gets us ready for the post season,” Grable said. “We just have to keep our confidence up going into the post season and I know we have not yet reached our full potential.”
· The Razorbacks led after the first rotation 49.250 – 49.125
· Freshman Samantha Nelson tied her career-high on beam 9.825
· Freshman Amanda Wellick scored a career-best 9.90 on the floor
· Katherine Grable tied the school record on the floor with a 9.975
@RazorbackGYM post meet Tweetables (140 Charecters Or Less)
- Senior All-American @KatherineGrable ties the school-record on the floor of 9.975 #ALLIN #NeverYield
- Freshman Amanda Wellick tied her career-best on the floor of 9.90 #ALLIN
- The #Gymbacks now travel to Birmingham, Ala. To compete in the 2014 @SEC Gymnastics Championships #ALLIN
The Razorbacks travel to Birmingham, Ala., to compete in the 2014 SEC Championships on Saturday, March 22. The meet is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m.