– Head coach Robert Pulliza
and the University of Arkansas volleyball team have released the 2014 schedule which features 14 matches against nine teams that advanced to last year’s NCAA Tournament. The Razorbacks’ 31-match season begins Aug. 29 with Day 1 of the Arkansas Invitational at Barnhill Arena. Season tickets are now on sale through the Razorback Ticket Center online at ArkansasRazorbacks.com or by calling 800-982-4647.
In addition to its matchups against NCAA teams, Arkansas is set to play 16 home matches including nine Southeastern Conference (SEC) dates. Six of the Razorbacks’ matches against NCAA tournament teams—Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Michigan and Texas A&M—will also be played in Fayetteville. The Razorbacks enter the upcoming season off back-to-back trips to the NCAA Tournament.
There are two pricing options for ticket packages with reserved seats at $50 and general admission at $40. New for the 2014 season, each season ticket purchased includes an official Razorback volleyball knit hat. Single-match tickets will go on sale beginning Aug. 6.
Arkansas’ non-conference schedule consists of four tournaments, two of which will be hosted by the Razorbacks at Barnhill Arena. The season-opening Arkansas Invitational will feature 2012 Final Four participant Michigan, Stephen F. Austin and Tennessee State. Arkansas’ second home tournament, the Razorback Invitational, will be contested Sept. 12-13. The remainder of the non-conference season includes tournaments at Kansas and Kansas State and a home midweek match Sept. 9 against Oral Roberts.
The Razorbacks play four of their first five SEC matches at Barnhill Arena, opening the conference slate Sept. 26 against Tennessee and will close out the weekend Sunday, Sept. 28 against Mississippi State. Arkansas’ home schedule during SEC play also includes Ole Miss (Oct. 8), Georgia (Oct. 12), Kentucky (Oct. 24), LSU (Nov. 2), South Carolina (Nov. 14), Texas A&M (Nov. 19) and Florida (Nov. 23). The regular season concludes Nov. 29 against UK in Lexington.
With the initial round of television selections announced in May, the Razorbacks will make six appearances on the new SEC Network. Three of those contests—Oct. 8 vs. Ole Miss, Nov. 19 vs. Texas A&M and Nov. 23 vs. Florida—will be played in front of Arkansas’ home crowd at Barnhill Arena. More television matches will be selected later this summer. Contact your local cable provider for SEC Network availability or visit GetSECNetwork.com for more information.
The postseason begins Dec. 4-6 at selected campus host sites with the first and second rounds of the 2014 NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Championship. The regional round of the national tournament will take place Dec. 12-13 at the four pre-determined sites in Ames, Iowa; Louisville, Ky.; Minneapolis, Minn.; and Seattle, Wash. The national semifinal (Dec. 18) and final (Dec. 20) will be played out at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City.
• Schedule features 14 matches against nine teams—Alabama, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Missouri and Texas A&M—that played in the 2013 NCAA Tournament
o Six of those matches will be played Barnhill Arena
• Home schedule features 16 dates including nine SEC matches and three appearances on the SEC Network
• Season begins Aug. 29-30 with the Arkansas Invitational at Barnhill Arena
• Season tickets now on sale through Razorback Ticket Center online at ArkansasRazorbacks.com or by calling 800-982-4647
• Each season ticket purchased includes an official Razorback volleyball knit hat
• This year marks the seventh season at Arkansas for head coach Robert Pulliza
• The program enters the season off back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances
Tweetables (140 characters or less)
• 2014 @RazorbackVB season begins Aug. 29-30 at #BarnhillArena with Arkansas Invitational #NeverYield
• .@RazorbackVB set to play 14 matches against nine teams that advanced to 2013 NCAA Tournament #NeverYield
• Season tickets for 2014 @RazorbackVB season now on sale online or by calling 800-982-4647 #NeverYield
• NEW FOR 2014 > each @RazorbackVB season tix purchased includes FREE knit hat #NeverYield
For more information about Arkansas volleyball, follow @RazorbackVB on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.