UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS WOMEN’S BASKETBALL
* Arkansas is making its 10th appearance to the NCAA tournament, third as a No. 6 seed.
* Arkansas secured an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament
* Arkansas is 13-9 all-time in the NCAA Tournament and the Razorbacks’ best finish came in the 1998 NCAA Final Four when they became the lowest seeded team at the time (ninth seed) to reach the Final Four.
* Arkansas is now 24-8 on the year.
* Senior C'eira Ricketts
has started 127 consecutive games and unofficially leads the nation. In a list compiled by P.J. Gradowski of the University of Detroit Mercy, Ricketts has 127 starts and has started all but two games in her career – her first two as a true freshman.
* Arkansas Head Coach Tom Collen
was named the SEC Coach of the Year for 2011-12.
* Senior C’eira Ricketts scored 13 points against Dayton and moved into 18th on the Razorbacks all-time scoring list with 1,133 points.
* Prior to the 2012 NCAA Tournament, the Razorbacks had played just one NCAA Tournament game in the state of Texas. Arkansas lost to Lamar in 1991 in Austin, Texas. Arkansas is now 1-1 in the state of Texas in the NCAA Tournament.
* Arkansas enters the Texas A&M game with the following rankings in the Southeastern Conference: sixth in scoring offense, second in scoring defense, sixth in scoring margin, seventh in free throw percentage, eighth in field goal percentage, third in field goal percentage defense, eighth in three point field goal percentage, second in three point field goal defense, eighth in rebounding offense, fifth in rebounding defense, sixth in rebounding margin, eighth in blocked shots, fifth in assists, fourth in steals, third in turnover margin, third in assists/turnover ratio, sixth in offensive rebounds, ninth in defensive rebounds, second in defensive rebound percentage, sixth in offensive rebound percentage and fifth in three point field goals made.
* Ashley Daniels
ranks ninth in the SEC in rebounding and fifth in offensive rebounds.
* C’eira Ricketts ranks fourth in the SEC in assists, second in steals and second in assists/turnover ratio.
* Sarah Watkins
ranks eighth in the SEC in free throw percentage and third in blocked shots.
* Lyndsay Harris
ranks 10th in the SEC in three point field goal percentage and third in three’s made.
* Arkansas ranks 11th in scoring defense and 16th in three point field goal defense among teams who have played a game in the NCAA Tournament.
VERSUS TEXAS A&M
* Arkansas is 20-2 all-time against Texas A&M.
* The Razorbacks and Texas A&M last met in 1991 when Arkansas swept the Aggies, 90-66 and 91-68.
* Arkansas and Texas A&M have never met in the NCAA Tournament
* Arkansas is 2-2 all-time in the NCAA Tournament against the sixth seeds.
* Texas A&M head coach Gary Blair (1993-2003) is the former Razorback head coach.
* Current Razorback head coach Tom Collen
was Gary Blair’s assistant/associate head coach (1993-97).
* Vic Schaefer (2002-03), Johnnie Harris (2004-07), Kelly Bond (2000-03) and strength and conditioning coach Jen Jones also worked at Arkansas.
* Averaged 61.9 points throughout the year, Arkansas scored 72 points in the win.
* Junior Quistelle Williams
led the Razorbacks with a season-best 15 points. One point shy of her career-best.
* Arkansas’ 47 rebounds is a Razorback NCAA Tournament record.
* Senior Ashley Daniels
led all players with 12 rebounds. That is the second most rebounds by an individual in the NCAA Tournament in Razorback history.
* Sixty-six field goals attempted ranks fourth all-time in Arkansas NCAA Tournament history
* Senior C’eira Ricketts, SEC First-Team selection, finished with 13 points, five assists and five rebounds against Dayton.
* Held Dayton without a field goal for the last 12 minutes of the contest.
* Arkansas is now 5-0 in the all-time series with Dayton.