AT A GLANCE
Arkansas will get its final tune up before the regular season gets underway when it hosts Pittsburg State on Thursday night at Bud Walton Arena. In their first exhibition game just under a week ago, the Razorbacks used a 61-point second half and six players in double figures to turn away Central Oklahoma.
Out of the six players in double figures, the top three came off the bench as junior Michael Qualls scored 17 points, junior Jacorey Williams poured in 16 and redshirt junior Keaton Miles added 12 points in his debut after transferring from West Virginia. The trio led Arkansas, which ranked third in the nation in bench points last year, to 71 points off the pine, good for a 28-point advantage.
|Arkansas (RV/RV) vs. Pittsburg State|
DATE | TIME
|Thursday, Nov. 13 | 7:00 p.m.|
SITE | ARENA
|Fayetteville, Ark. | Bud Walton Arena (19,200)|
TV | VIDEO
|Razorback/IMG Sports Network|
|Alex Perlman (P-B-P) & Scotty Thurman (Analyst)|
|Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
|#Fastest40 | #WeHogs|
|vs. Alabama State – Sunday, Nov. 16 | 4:00 p.m.|
2013-14 @RazorbackMBB FAST BREAK FACTS
• Finished 22-12 overall and 10-8 in the SEC
• Earned the No. 5 seed in the SEC Tournament, improving by two spots for the second straight year.
• Made first postseason appearance and picked up first postseason win since 2008.
• NIT berth was the third in program history and the first since 1997.
• First 20-win season since 2007-08 and the 29th in program history.
• First back-to-back winning seasons in SEC play since 1997-98 and 1998-99.
• One of three Division I programs and the only BCS team to rank in the top 30 nationally in scoring (80.1/16th), assists (15.3/28th), steals (8.4/12th) and blocks (5.6/18th).
• Appeared on the #SCtop10 11 times, including eight via dunks from sophomore Michael Qualls.
• Led the SEC and ranked 16th in the nation in scoring (80.1) with no players in the top 25 in the SEC in scoring.
• The 80.1 points per game was the most since 1997-98.
• Four 100-point games was the same total produced by the rest of the SEC and the same total produced over the program’s previous nine years combined.
• Held below 70 points just five times compared to 147 Division I teams averaging below 70 points.
• 10 different players reached double figures while six players led the team in scoring.
• Six different players scored 20 points in a game.
• Bench averaged 32.2 points, supplied a double figure scorer in 26 games and has out-scored the opposition 28 times resulting in a +12.5 per game margin.
• Ranked third in the nation in bench points.
DON’T MISS THE #FASTEST40
Season ticket packages are as low as $360 and include admission into 18 regular season and two exhibition games at Bud Walton Arena where Arkansas has posted a 51-6 record over its three seasons under Anderson. A limited number of season tickets remain in the 100 level while three, four and five game mini plans are now available along with single-game tickets. Tickets are available now at the Razorback Ticket Center, by phone at 1-800-982-HOGS (4647) and online at ArkansasRazorbacks.com.