FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.- The University of Arkansas men’s tennis team plays host to the Intercollegiate Tennis Association regional championship tournament of the 2015-16 season. The tournament invites some of the nation’s top men’s tennis players to compete in the Dills Billingsley Tennis Center.
The five day tournament will feature 113 singles players and 51 doubles teams from 17 different schools. The tournament includes players from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tulsa, Drake, Wichita State, Nebraska, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Saint Louis, Southern Illinois, South Dakota State, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Nebraska-Omaha, Creighton, Iowa, Oral Roberts, and UMKC.
All 16 courts will be utilized Thursday, Oct. 15 and Friday, Oct. 16. Starting Saturday, Oct. 17th, all of the main draw matches will be played indoors starting singles round of 32 and doubles round of 16.
Singles Round of 128:
Juan Marino, Austin Robles, Santiago Munoz, Johan den Toom, William Albanese, Jacob Herndon and David Herrerias are set to play the singles round of 128 Thursday morning.
Singles Round of 64:
Number four seed Marco Micolani has a bye and will play the winner of Daniel Santos (TU) vs. Daniel Lineberry (SIUE). Number ten seed Mike Redlicki has a bye and will play the winner of Emerson Styles (SDSU) vs. Scott Elasass (NEB). The number 11th seed of the tournament Jose Salazar has a bye and will play the winner of Luis Miguel Flores (SLU) vs. Vinh Pham (UMKC).
Doubles Round of 64:
Salazar and Herrerias play Smirnov and Gaismins from UMKC Thursday afternoon. den Toom and Albanese play Buckley and Dunn from UNO during the doubles round of 64.
Doubles Round of 32:
Robles and Herndon, Redlicki and Micolani, and Munoz and Marino all have a bye in the round of 64 and will play Friday, Oct. 16th in the round of 32
Schedule of play
Thursday, Oct. 15
- Singles Round of 128 (All Courts)
- Singles Round of 64 (All Courts)
- Doubles Qualifying Rounds (All Courts)
Friday, Oct. 16
- Doubles Round of 64 (All Courts)
- Doubles Round of 32 (All Courts)
- Singles Round of 32 (Indoors) Singles Consolation Match #1 (Outdoors)
Saturday, Oct. 17
- Singles Round of 16 (Indoors) Singles Consolation Match #2 (Outdoors)
- Singles Quarterfinals (Indoors)
- Doubles Round of 16 (Indoors)
Sunday, Oct. 18
- Singles Consolation Match #3 (Final Match-Outdoors)
- Singles Semifinals (Indoors)
- Doubles Quarterfinals (Indoors)
- Doubles Semifinals (Indoors)
Monday, Oct. 19
- Singles Final/Doubles Final (Indoor)
For more information on Arkansas men’s tennis, follow @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.