FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Arkansas men’s basketball team will get its first road test of the year on Tuesday evening, traveling to the University of Minnesota to face the Golden Gophers for the fifth time in program history.
The #Fastest40 Facts
• Friday’s win over UT Arlington marked the 4th time in the last five years Arkansas has started the season 3-0.
• With a victory at Minnesota, the Razorbacks are looking to start 4-0 for the second time in the last 10 years after a 6-0 start in 2014-15.
• Arkansas leads the all-time series 3-1 against Minnesota, including a win over the Golden Gophers in the Maui Classic during the 2013-14 season.
• Arkansas will play just its second true road game against a Big Ten opponent in the last 31 years. The Razorbacks most recently lost at No. 3 Michigan on Dec. 8, 2012 and fell at Minnesota on Dec. 7, 1985 during Nolan Richardson’s first year with Arkansas.
• The Razorbacks are 2-2 against Big Ten teams in the Mike Anderson era, splitting a home-and-home series with Michigan, falling to Wisconsin in Las Vegas and defeating Minnesota in the Maui Classic.
• Arkansas has outscored all three of its opponents in fast break points and holds a commanding 51-10 edge in the transition game.
• Moses Kingsley is tied for second in the country with 16 total blocks. He has more blocks than 279 of the 351 Division I college basketball teams in the nation.
• Anton Beard ranks 11th in the SEC in assists per game at 3.7, but has fewer minutes played than 29 of the top 30 assist leaders in the league. He also leads the SEC in assist/turnover ratio at 11.0.
• Arkansas opened the season with consecutive 90-plus point games for the first time in 20 years and just the sixth time in program history.
• In the five previous times Arkansas scored 90-plus points in the first two games, the Razorbacks won an NCAA Tournament game each season, advanced to the Elite 8 three times, lost in the 1990 Final Four and won the 1994 National Championship.
Season tickets, mini plans, mobile passes and single-game tickets for the 2016-17 season are available now at the Razorback Ticket Center by calling at 1-800-982-HOGS (4647) and online by clicking here.
For more information on Arkansas men’s basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.