Arkansas Baseball Notebook
April 7, 2008
Overall Record: 17-13
Tuesday, April 1: Arkansas 7, Missouri State 6 (10)
Wednesday, April 2: Arkansas vs. Mississippi Valley St. – postponed
Friday, April 4: Auburn 5, Arkansas 2
Saturday, April 5: Arkansas 5, Auburn 4
Sunday, April 6: Auburn 12, Arkansas 10 (10)
Noting the Razorbacks
The Razorbacks won in dramatic fashion at Missouri State on Tuesday night coming back in the ninth inning to tie the game and winning in the 10th … The Hogs game with Mississippi Valley State on Wednesday was postponed due to rain and has not been rescheduled as of yet … The Razorbacks weekend series with Auburn had its ups and downs with Arkansas winning the Saturday contest 5-4 … Brett Eibner and Chase Leavitt led the Razorbacks in hitting with .400 averages each … Five Arkansas players hit better than .300 on the week … Eibner had six hits in 15 at-bats with three runs scored and five RBI … On the mound, Justin Wells threw seven solid innings against Auburn on Saturday allowing four runs on six hits and striking out five … Dallas Keuchel also had a good week starting both the Tuesday and Sunday games … Keuchel was credited with seven innings pitched total with two earned runs on four hits and five strike outs, batters hit just .160 against the southpaw … Logan Forsythe continues to lead the Razorbacks in hitting with a .367 average, the junior hit .375 for the week with six hits and three walks … Catcher Jeff Nutt returned to the lineup in the Missouri State game and had five hits on the week, he tied for the Razorback lead with five RBI over the four games.
Hitter of the Week Nominee
Chase Leavitt * Junior
St. George, Utah/Snow Canyon/Dixie College/CCSN
· In three games this week, Leavitt went 4-10 with two runs scored and two RBI.
· He played outfield in two games and was Arkansas’ designated hitter in the third.
· 2 for 4 in Arkansas’ Sunday game with Auburn with two RBI.
· Was perfect in the field making both chances that were played his way.
Pitcher of the Week Nominee
Justin Wells * Junior
Bryant, Ark./Bryant/Texarkana College
· Was credited with the win in Arkansas’ game with Auburn on Saturday.
· Pitched seven innings of four-run ball in his first career start.
· Has gone six innings or more in each of his last three appearances.
· Nearly eclipsed his career strikeout high with 5 Ks against Auburn.
Freshman of the Week Nominee
Brett Eibner * Freshman
Houston, Texas/The Woodlands
· Led the Razorbacks with six hits on the week, batting .400 in 15 at bats.
· Drew one walk and was hit by a pitch for a .471 on-base percentage.
· For the week, he scored three runs and drove in five RBI.
· Was Arkansas’ leading hitter on Sunday afternoon going 3-5 with three RBI and three runs scored.
· Blasted his fourth home run of the season on Sunday, a two-run shot, to put Arkansas up 7-2.
· Was a perfect nine for nine in fielding attempts in center field.
The Razorbacks conclude their home stand with a midweek game against Oral Roberts on Tuesday evening at 6:35 p.m. The Razorbacks then go back out on the road to take on 24th-ranked Florida in Gainesville for a weekend series. The Arkansas-Florida games are scheduled for 5:35 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 12:00 p.m., Friday, Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
Tuesday, April 8: Oral Roberts at Arkansas, 6:35 p.m.
Friday, April 11: Arkansas at Florida, 5:35 p.m.
Saturday, April 12: Arkansas at Florida, 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 13: Arkansas at Florida, 12:00 p.m.