Arkansas at Ole Miss
Saturday, Oct. 20, 2007
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium – Oxford, Miss.
Arkansas Game Notes vs. Ole Miss
· Today’s win marks the second straight for the Razorbacks at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. The Hogs have won three of their last four games in Oxford after losing in their first four trips.
· Arkansas as won four straight against Ole Miss and six of their last seven.
· The Razorbacks have won 5 of their 6 road games.
· Darren McFadden and Felix Jones both rushed for 100 yards for the fifth time in seven games this season. It is the ninth time the pair has both rushed for 100-yards in a game in their careers.
· McFadden turned in his sixth 100-yard rushing game of the season with 110 yards on 22 carries. It is McFadden’s first 100-yard effort in three tries vs. Ole Miss. He has now rushed for at least 100 yards in 18-of-32 career games.
· Jones rushed for 101 yards on 15 carries and a touchdown. It is Jones’ 12th career 100-yard rushing game, which ranks fourth all time at Arkansas.
· The Hogs’ stable of running backs have combined for 12 100-yard rushing games this season, just one shy of the school record of 13 set in 1975 and 2006.
· Arkansas eclipsed 200 yards on the ground for the sixth time this season and the 11 of the last 14 games. UA rushed for 293 yards on 53 carries.
· Casey Dick’s first incomplete pass late in the first half snapped a string of 19-consecutive completions at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Dick completed his final 12 passes in 2005 and then completed his first seven of this game.
· Dick finished the game with a career-high tying three touchdowns on 11-of-17 passing.
· Jerell Norton picked off his fourth pass of the season and returned it 46 yards to end the first half.
· Jamar Love’s first-quarter sack of Ole Miss quarterback Seth Adams was the first of the junior’s career. He followed that up with his second sack in the third quarter on a third-down play.
· Sophomore defensive end Adrian Davis notched his first career interception in the first quarter when he stepped in front of an Adams’ screen pass and returned 23 yards.
· Sophomore Andrew Davie caught his second and third touchdowns of the season with a one-yard and 14-yard tosses from Casey Dick.
· Matterral Richardson intercepted his second and third passes of the season and the third and fourth of the senior’s career.
· The four interceptions by the Razorbacks are the most since UA picked off five Louisiana-Monroe passes last season.
· Nathan Emert connected with Chris Baker for his first career touchdown pass on a 48-yard strike midway through the fourth quarter.
The touchdown catch by Baker was his first of the season and fourth of the senior’s career.