Arkansas vs. Mississippi State
Saturday, November 19, 2005
War Memorial Stadium – Little Rock, Ark.
Arkansas Game Notes vs. Mississippi State
· Darren McFadden became the seventh Razorback and the first freshman in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in a single season with 165 yards on 21 carries against Mississippi State. McFadden has 1,056 on the season.
· The 1,056 yards rushing also makes McFadden just the seventh freshman running back in SEC history and the to rush for 1,000 yards in a season.
· Today’s meeting between the Razorbacks and Bulldogs is the 16th meeting between the two schools dating back to 1916. Arkansas holds a 10-5-1 edge in the all-time series and has won seven straight in the series.
· The 55,712 fans in attendance is the 11th-largest crowd in War Memorial Stadium history.
· The Razorbacks 41-first-half points is the most in a half since Arkansas scored 42 against New Mexico State on Sept. 4, 2004, at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
· Arkansas’ 27 second-quarter points are the most by the Hogs in any quarter this season.
· McFadden’s 165 yards is his fifth 100-yard rushing game of the season.
· Felix Jones’ 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown with 3:21 remaining in the second quarter was the seventh 100-yard kickoff return in school history. The last 100-yard kickoff return for a Hog was Madre Hill’s 100-yard return, as a freshman, against LSU on Nov. 26, 1994, at War Memorial Stadium. The last kickoff return for a touchdown prior to Jones’ was Lawrence Richardson’s 98-yard scoring return in 2001 against Weber State.
· The return also gave Jones the second-most kickoff return yards in a season. He now has 506 yards on 15 returns this season. The 100-yard return moved Jones up 11 spots on the single-season list from 12th to second. Only DeCori Birmingham’s 638 yards on 28 returns in 2002 rank ahead of Jones.
· Darren McFadden ripped off two runs of 20-plus yards against the Bulldogs to give 13
· McFadden’s second touchdown of the first quarter set a new freshman school record with 10 touchdowns. He broke the record of nine set by James Rouse in 1985.
· Casey Dick completed his first pass of the day with a 13-yard completion to Marcus Monk. The completion was the 13th straight for Dick dating back to the Ole Miss game on Nov. 12 when he completed his final 12 passes against the Rebels.
· With his 13-yard reception on the Razorbacks’ second play from scrimmage, Marcus Monk has now caught at least one pass in each of his 21 games in an Arkansas uniform.
· Chris Balseiro made three field goals (23, 36, 26) in Arkansas’ win over Mississippi State. The three field goals were the most since he kicked four field goals in as many attempts against Missouri in the 2003 Independence Bowl.