FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – University of Arkansas graduate student Devin Cosper scored 31 points, including 16 points in the fourth quarter leading the Razorbacks to an 82-74 win over Northeastern State in exhibition action in Bud Walton Arena on Thursday night.
|Box Score (pdf)|
|Tickets: Click Here|
The game is the only exhibition contest for the Razorbacks who open the regular season on Friday, Nov. 10, hosting Sam Houston State. The tip is set for 10:30 a.m. as part of Elementary Day.
Cosper’s 31 points led all scorers and she was joined in double figures by newcomer Raven Northcross-Baker with 17 points and junior Malica Monk with 14 points in the win.
• Arkansas went on a 12-0 run in 1:56 to take a 14-4 lead at the media timeout of the first quarter
• Newcomer Raven Northcross-Baker hit her first three shots – all 3’s
• Raven Northcross-Baker finished with 12 points in the first quarter and 17 points in the game
• Arkansas held NSU without a field goal for more than three minutes in second quarter
• Arkansas trailed 38-35 at the half
• Devin Cosper hits a layup and was fouled, making the FT to tie the game in the 3Q
• Arkansas never trailed in the fourth quarter
• Devin Cosper scored 16 points in the final 10 minutes of the game
• Arkansas committed just nine turnovers in the contest
• Malica Monk played 34 minutes, scored 14 points had seven assists and just one turnover
The RiverHawks caught fire in the second quarter outscoring Arkansas 24-15 as their 3-point shooting heated up. NSU finished the night with 13 3’s but key baskets from Cosper and sophomore Jailyn Mason swung the momentum in Arkansas’ favor.
Arkansas took a two-point lead into the fourth frame after a layup with 11 seconds on the clock in the prior period. That is when Cosper took over hitting 6-of-9 from the floor including a 4-for-4 performance from distance. Mason added nine points as the duo played the entire 10 minutes of the frame.
The Razorbacks stretched the lead to as much as 11 before winning by eight when the final buzzer sounded.
For more information about Arkansas women’s basketball, follow us on Twitter and Instagram at @RazorbackWBB and on Facebook at Facebook.com/RazorbackWBB. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, “Kickin’ It In The Neighborhood” for an inside look at the Razorback women’s basketball program and check out The Neighborhood podcasts at CoachNeighbors.com.