FAYETTEVILLE – The University of Arkansas tennis team fell to 2-0 in SEC play after a 6-1 loss to No. 25 Kentucky on Sunday.
The No. 41 doubles pair of Hall Fess and Pete Thomason fell at the No. 2 doubles position 8-6, snapping a seven-match win streak for the redshirt seniors.
Johan den Toom notched the only Razorback victory of the day, winning 6-3, 7-5 on court 5. The freshman earned his first SEC win Sunday, moving to 7-4 on the spring including a career-high five-match win streak during the month of February.
Arkansas (8-8) will return to action at 2 p.m. on Friday when they head to Auburn. The Razorbacks will close the weekend roadtrip with a dual match at the University of Alabama at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
For more information on Arkansas tennis, follow @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.
Tennis Match Results
Kentucky vs Arkansas
Mar 02, 2014 at Fayetteville, Ark.
(Dills Indoor Center)
#25 Kentucky 6, Arkansas 1
1. #14 Tom Jomby (UK) def. Mike Nott (AR) 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-4)
2. Alejandro Gomez (UK) def. Manfred Jeske (AR) 7-6 (7-5), 6-4
3. #99 Beck Pennington (UK) def. Hall Fess (AR) 6-4, 6-4
4. Jerry Lopez (UK) def. Jovan Parlic (AR) 6-4, 6-4
5. Johan den Toom (AR) def. Grant Roberts (UK) 6-3, 7-5
6. Ryuji Hirooka (UK) def. Juan Marino (AR) 6-1, 6-2
1. Beck Pennington/Alejandro Gomez (UK) vs. #56 Manfred Jeske/Mike Nott (AR) no result
2. Tom Jomby/Jerry Lopez (UK) def. #41 Hall Fess/Pete Thomason (AR) 8-6
3. Grant Roberts/Ryuji Hirooka (UK) def. Jovan Parlic/Johan den Toom (AR) 8-2
Kentucky 8-4; National ranking #25
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (6,3,4,5,2,1)