FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Promotions for the University of Arkansas volleyball team’s season-opening weekend have been set with first serve of the 2015 campaign scheduled for Friday, Aug. 28 against McNeese State. The season opening starts at 7 p.m. (CT) at Barnhill Arena. During the two-day Arkansas Invitational, the Razorbacks will also play host to Army and Kansas.
Friday, Aug. 28 vs. McNeese State – 7 p.m.
• Beats By Dre Headphones Giveaway – one UA student will receive a pair of Beats By Dre Headphones
• #FreeFoodFriday – first 50 UA students will receive a voucher for free hot dog, popcorn and drink
Saturday, Aug. 29 vs. Army – 11 a.m.
• 2 for 1 Saturday – your 11 a.m. ticket will allow for free admission to 7 p.m. match against Kansas
• Football Tickets Giveaway – three chances to enter your name in a drawing for a pair of tickets to Sept. 5 football season opener vs. UTEP
Saturday, Aug. 29 vs. Kansas – 7 p.m.
• Volleyball T-Shirt Giveaway – first 250 fans inside Barnhill Arena will receive a FREE limited edition Arkansas Volleyball t-shirt
• Camper Reunion – all summer camp attendees are invited back to Barnhill Arena and will be recognized during the match
Beginning at $40 and a free team knit hat with each purchase, season tickets are available through the Razorback Ticket Center by calling 800-982-4647 or emailing email@example.com. Click HERE to purchase tickets online. Individual match tickets are $5 at the Barnhill Arena ticket window prior to each match while UA students (with valid ID) and fans 17 years and younger receive free admission.
In the SEC preseason coaches’ poll, Arkansas was picked to finish fifth in the conference by the league’s head coaches. The Razorbacks also picked up an individual nod when senior Chanell Clark-Bibbs was named to the Preseason All-SEC Team, marking the program’s first preseason selection since Jasmine Norton in 2012. Clark-Bibbs is one of three seniors on this year’s team along with Monica Bollinger and Liz Fortado.
Over the past five seasons, the Razorback fans have helped re-write the attendance records book with nine of the top-10 home crowds in program history. Six of Arkansas’ 15 home matches this season will be played against teams that played in last year’s NCAA Tournament, including Saturday’s matchup with Kansas. The Razorbacks are the defending Arkansas Invitational champions, having rallied past Michigan in last year’s five-set title match.
For more information about Arkansas volleyball, follow @RazorbackVB on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.