LAS VEGAS, Nev. — The University of Arkansas men’s tennis team dropped their dual match today, 4-2, to UNLV.
“We played a very good match, but came up short,” said head Robert Cox. “I’m very proud of my team.”
The Hogs dropped their fourth doubles point in a row against the Rebels. Doubles partners Matt Walters/Matt Hogan and Gregoire Lehmann/Chris Nott both fell to their opponents, 8-6, and secured the doubles point for the Rebels.
In singles play, both Chris Nott and Nikolas Zogaj defeated their UNLV opponents and picked up two points for the Razorbacks. Nott defeated Tamas Batyi, 6-2, 6-3, and Zogaj defeated Bernard Schoeman, 6-2, 6-1. UNLV took the next three matches to clutch the dual match. No. 76-ranked Mehdi Bouras, Rene Ruegamer and Alex Bull all won their matches for the Rebels.
The Razorbacks begin conference play next weekend against South Carolina on Friday and Florida on Sunday. For more information regarding Razorback men’s tennis, log on to www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com.
1. #76 Mehdi Bouras (UNLV) def. Matt Hogan (ARK) 6-2, 6-4
2. Chris Nott (ARK) def. Tamas Batyi (UNLV) 6-3, 6-2
3. Rene Ruegamer (UNLV) def. Gregoire Lehmann (ARK) 6-0, 4-6, 7-5
4. Nikolas Zogaj (ARK) def. Bernard Schoeman (UNLV) 6-2, 6-1
5. Alex Bull (UNLV) def. Mike Ward (ARK) 6-4, 0-6, 6-4
6. Matt Walters (ARK) led Charlie Alvarado (UNLV) 6-4, 5-6 DNF
Order of Finish: 4, 1, 2, 3,,5*
1. Bouras/Schoeman (UNLV) def. Walters/Hogan (ARK) 8-6
2. Batyi/Kasper Konyves (UNLV) led Zogaj/Ward (ARK) 7-6 DNF
3. Bull/Ruegamer (UNLV) def. Nott/Lehman (ARK) 8-6
Order of Finish: 1,3*