GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The University of Arkansas men’s tennis team (3-7, 0-2 SEC) was defeated today by the No. 11-ranked Florida Gators, 7-0.
"The Gators were just too much for us today," said head coach Robert Cox. "We did not take advantage of the few opportunities we had."
After an hour delay of play due to weather, the Hogs began play at 2 p.m. Eastern. In doubles play, partners Mike Ward/Nikolas Zogaj and Matt Hogan/Mike Nott were both defeated. Gregoire Lehmann and Chris Nott lead their match, 7-5, but it remained unfinished.
In singles play, the Gators swept the Razorbacks in all six matches, each in two sets. Florida did not drop a set and went 2-0 in tiebreakers.
"Now we just have to get back on the court, regroup, and prepare for next week," said Cox.
The Hogs are back at home again next weekend. They will face Mississippi state on Friday at 1 p.m., followed by Ole Miss on Sunday at 1 p.m.
For more information about the men’s tennis team, log on to www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com.
#11 Florida 7, #69 Arkansas 0
March 6, 2 p.m.
Order of Finish: 2, 1*
1. Sekou Bangoura Jr./Alexandre Lacroix (UF) def. Mike Ward/Nikolas Zogaj (UA) 8-6
2. Andrew Butz/Bob Van Overbeek (UF) def. Matt Hogan/Mike Nott (UA) 8-5
3. Gregoire Lehmann/Chris Nott (UA) led Billy Federhofer/Nassim Slilam (UF) 7-5
Order of Finish: 1, 4, 2*, 5, 3, 6
1. Alexandre Lacroix (UF) def. Matt Hogan 6-3, 6-1
2. Sekou Bangoura Jr. (UF) def. Chris Nott 6-2, 6-3
3. Nassim Slilam (UF) def. Nikolas Zogaj 6-2, 7-5
4. Bob Van Overbeek (UF) def. Gregoire Lehmann 6-4, 6-1
5. Billy Federhofer (UF) def. Mike Ward 7-6(5), 6-1
6. Andrew Butz (UF) def. Manfred Jeske 6-3, 7-6(1)