FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The No. 2 Arkansas women’s track and field team heads into what may be its most challenging regular season weekend of the year, taking on two loaded meets. Select Razorbacks will compete in Seattle at the Husky Classic while another group will be in action in Fayetteville.
Arkansas’ distance squad, led by seniors Valerie Reina and Regan Ward, will be in action at the Dempsey Indoor Track, headlining the 3,000 and 5,000, respectively, in Washington. Additionally, a freshmen contingent, featuring cross country All-American Taylor Werner as well as Abby Gray and Maddy Reed, will look to tune up before heading into their first indoor championship season.
Holding down the fort in Fayetteville, All-American junior Taliyah Brooks will lead the Razorback charge at home, entered in both the 60-meter hurdles and the high jump invitational. The NCAA’s two best pole vaulters Tori and Lexi Weeks will also return to the runway after training through last weekend.
Events to Watch Washington
• 7:25 p.m. 5,000 Meters Invite: Top entries – Tennessee, Chelsea Blaase (NCAA 2016, 3rd: 15:42.47) | Arkansas, Regan Ward (PB: 16:21.88)
• 5:30 p.m. Mile Invite: Top entries – Penn State, Danae Rivers (SB: 4:34.87) | Arkansas, Nikki Hiltz (SB: 4:36.42)
• 6:40 p.m. 3,000 Meters Invite: Top entries – Colorado, Erin Clark (NCAA 2016, 5th: 9:08.63) | Arkansas, Taylor Werner (SB: 9:16.52)
Date/Primetime: Friday, Feb. 10, 4:30 p.m. CT | Saturday, Feb. 11, 1 p.m. CT
Venue: Randal Tyson Track Center
Tickets: $5 for Adults, 17 and under free
Important Links: Meet Schedule | Live Results | WatchESPN Day One | WatchESPN Day Two | Heat Sheets
Events to Watch Tyson
• 4:30 p.m. 60 Meter Hurdles Prelims: Top Entries – Purdue, Devynne Charlton (SB: 8.02) | Arkansas, Taliyah Brooks (SB: 8.39)
• 5:30 p.m. Long Jump Invite: Top Entries – Kentucky, Sha’Keela Saunders (SB: 22-1) | Arkansas, Kelsey Herman (SB: 20-3)
• 6:20 p.m. 400 Meters Invite: Top Entries – Southern California, Kendall Ellis (SB: 51.52) | Arkansas, Daina Harper (SB: 52.72)
• 3:00 p.m. High Jump Invite: Top Entries – Air Force, Shelley Spires (SB: 6-1 1/2) | Arkansas, Leigha Brown (SB: 5-8 1/2)
• 3:00 p.m. Pole Vault Invite: Top Entries – Arkansas, Tori Weeks (SB: 14-10 1/4) | Arkansas, Lexi Weeks (SB: 14-6 1/4)
• 4:05 p.m. 4-x-400 Invite: Top Entries – Southern California (SB: 3:30.66) | Arkansas (SB: 3:33.39)
SB (season’s best), NCAA 2016 denotes their finish at last year’s championship meet.
Arkansas will open up competition at 1:30 p.m. on Friday with Safee Belbina, Micah Huckabee and Grace Taylor competing in the women’s mile. Tickets are available by contacting the Razorback Athletics Ticket Center via phone at 800-982-4647 or in person at the Razorback Athletics Ticket Center located at 1295 S. Razorback Road, just east of Baum Stadium.
For more information on Arkansas track and field including in-meet updates, follow @RazorbackTF on Twitter.