FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The No. 5 University of Arkansas men’s track and field team is sending 16 total qualifiers to the 2015 NCAA West Preliminary. Overall, the Razorbacks will be represented by 10 student-athletes in 11 events along with both relay teams in the preliminary rounds May 28-30 at Mike A. Myers Stadium in Austin, Texas. The top 48 declared athletes were selected into individual events per region with the top 24 relay teams per region also qualifying.
The NCAA East Preliminary will be held the same weekend at Hodges Stadium in Jacksonville, Fla. The top-12 qualifiers in each event from the two preliminary meets will advance to compete June 10-13 at the NCAA Outdoor Championships at Hayward in Eugene, Ore.
Arkansas’ entries are headlined by Kemoy Campbell, Andrew Irwin, Stanley Kebenei and Omar McLeod who are all the region’s top-ranked performers in their respective events. Campbell, Kebenei, Jarrion Lawson and Devin Randall are set to compete in two events at the NCAA West Preliminary. Six of the Razorbacks’ qualifying marks were recorded in the team’s last outing at the SEC Outdoor Championships.
In addition to the accepted entries for next weekend’s preliminary rounds, the list of decathlon qualifiers that advance directly to the NCAA Championships was also released Thursday. Arkansas will be represented in the field by Nathanael Franks who qualified with his 7,343 points scored at the SEC Championships. This marks Franks’ second appearance at the national meet having previously qualified in 2013.
NCAA West Preliminary Entries (with qualifying mark)
14. Jarrion Lawson – 10.19 [=No. 3 in school history]
1. Kemoy Campbell – 13:20.39 [No. 2 in school history]
25. Stanley Kebeni – 13:53.11
7. Kemoy Campbell – 28:45.84
1. Omar McLeod – 13.21 [No. 1 in school history]
1. Stanley Kebenei – 8:23.93 [No. 2 in school history]
7. Frankline Tonui – 8:45.91
3. Hawkins/Lawson/Cotton/Washington – 39.12 [No. 2 in school history]
17. Cotton/Washington/Janise/Stephen – 3:08.61
38. Ken LeGassey – 2.12m/6-11.5
1. Andrew Irwin – 5.65m/18-6.5
3. Jarrion Lawson – 8.00m/26-3
3. Clive Pullen – 16.16m/53-0.25
44. Rubin Owens – 15.02m/49-3.5
48. Devin Randall – 17.30m/56-9.25
30. Devin Randall – 55.06m/180-8
For more information on Arkansas track and field including in-meet updates, follow @RazorbackTF on Twitter.