The Office of Student-Athlete Success empowers individuals through holistic programming, to grow as students, athletes and leaders by fostering an environment of integrity, diversity and achievement.
Bogle Academic Center
– The center is open Sunday 3:00pm-10:00pm, Monday –Thursday 8:00am-10:00pm and Friday 8:00am-5:00pm during the Fall and Spring semesters.
– 27 Individual tutor rooms which are perfect for one-on-one tutoring and 10 large tutor rooms for group work.
– 3 Computer labs with over 90 individual computers, as well as a scanner, copier, and fax machine are at the disposal of the Razorback student-athlete.
– 3 Learning Labs for mathematics, writing and language.
Educational Enrichment Services (EES)
– This program works with student-athletes on a more directed and individualized level to develop and cultivate the academics skills needed to be a successful college student here at the University of Arkansas.
– The EES is housed within the Bogle Academic Center and staffed with three full-time teacher-certified specialists and two graduate students so as to better facilitate student-athlete academic success in this challenging program.
Tutorial Program/Study Hall
– The Tutor Coordinator on staff, under the umbrella of Educational Enrichment Services, helps assist student-athletes with finding a tutor for those who may need additional help in a particular class.
– Razorback student-athletes have access to over 120 subject tutors, which makes it possible to find a tutor for any subject on campus.
– Tutors can be utilized anytime during the hours of operation.
– To help each student-athlete achieve academic success, each team has their own set hours for study hall which need to be completed each week. Contact the Academic Counselor for your sport to see when those hours are scheduled.
– Our tutor program is Internationally CRLA certified.
Student-Athlete Development & Career Development
– The University of Arkansas is one of only a handful of schools that provide both a Student-Athlete Coordinator and a Career Development Coordinator within the Athletic Department. This staff is located in the Jerry and Gene Jones Family Student-Athlete Success Center which allows student-athletes to have more access to their services.
-As a Razorback student-athlete you have the opportunity to be involved, and not only better yourself as a person, but also better those around you.
– We want you to succeed not only in the classroom and on the field, but also in life, by developing into the total person.
– These staff members are in charge of managing student-athlete housing/meal contracts with University Housing.
– We also coordinate programs and speakers that benefit student-athletes in areas such as personal health, stress management, financial planning, alcohol and drug education, gambling and social development.
– You can find more information about our top-ranked program here at the Student-Athlete Development website.