AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic
Arkansas vs. Missouri
Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2008
Cotton Bowl – Dallas, Texas
No. 24 Arkansas Game Notes vs. No. 7 Missouri
· For the 11th time in school history, including the third time in the past nine seasons, Arkansas concluded its season at the historic Cotton Bowl in front of 73,114 fans.
· The Razorbacks took the field wearing red game jerseys and red pants for the first time in program history to honor former Arkansas head coach and athletic director Frank Broyles for his 50 years of service.
· Two-time Doak Walker Award winner Darren McFadden also sported wrist bands displaying the number 37 in honor of Doak Walker and the Cotton Bowl, “the house that Doak built”.
· Arkansas won the coin toss and elected to receive.
· Arkansas is now 2-2 all-time vs. Missouri and 3-7-1 all-time at the Cotton Bowl.
· Arkansas is 4-3 in bowl games against teams that comprise the Big 12 Conference. The Razorbacks are 1-1 vs. Missouri, 1-0 vs. Nebraska, 1-0 vs. Texas and 1-2 vs. Oklahoma in postseason play.
· McFadden ended the day with 105 yards rushing on 21 carries and one rushing touchdown. He ends 2007 with 16 rushing TDs, tied for third on UA’s single-season list, and 41 scoring runs in 38 career games, ranking second on Arkansas’ all-time list.
· McFadden’s 105 rushing yards move him to second all-time on the SEC career rushing list (4,590 yards) to pass LSU’s Kevin Faulk (1995-98) and his 4,557 career rushing yards.
· McFadden’s 2007 season total of 1,830 rushing yards ranks No. 2 on the SEC top 10 single-season rushing list ahead of No. 4 Herschel Walker (1,752) and No. 3 Bo Jackson (1,786).
· McFadden’s 2007 all-purpose yardage of 2,277 is an Arkansas and SEC single-season record. His career all-purpose yardage of 5,848 is the UA record and ranks third in the SEC.
· Today’s game marks the 10th 100-yard rushing game for McFadden in 2007, the UA single-season record, and the 22nd 100-yard rushing outing of his career.
· When lining up in the WildHog formation, Arkansas accumulated 82 yards rushing on 14 plays.
· Marcus Monk played in his final game as a Razorback hauling in four catches for 28 yards. Monk has caught at least one pass in 42 of his 43 career games and in all 42 career starts. He closes his career with 138 receptions, 2,151 receiving yards and 27 career TD catches.
· Felix Jones led UA receivers with three catches and 65 yards. He also tallied 45 yards on the ground and 88 yards on kick returns. He ends 2007 with 1,162 rushing yards and 652 kickoff return yards.