FAYETTEVILLE – The University of Arkansas men’s tennis team fell 6-1 to Purdue on Sunday.
Seniors Hall Fess and Pete Thomason recorded a victory at the No. 2 doubles position, 6-4. Sophomore Santiago Munoz and freshman Johan den Toom were unable to battle back on court three and fell in a tiebreaker, 6-5 (7-4).
Den Toom notched the only Razorback singles victory, battling back in his second set to force a tiebreaker and eventually winning 6-3, 6-5 (10-8)
Arkansas will return to action on Feb. 14, as they head to Tulsa, Okla., to take on Tulsa University. For more information on Arkansas tennis, follow @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.
Purdue vs Arkansas
Feb 09, 2014 at Fayetteville, Ark.
George M. Billingsley Tennis Center
#75 Purdue 6, #63 Arkansas 1
1. Szymon Tatarczyk (PUR) def. Mike Nott (AR) 0-6, 6-5, 6-4
2. Mark Kovacs (PUR) def. Jovan Parlic (AR) 6-1, 6-5 (10-8)
3. No. 96 Ricky Medinilla (PUR) def. Hall Fess (AR) 6-4, 6-3
4. Aaron Dujovne (PUR) def. Christian Lee (AR) 6-0, 6-0
5. Johan den Toom (AR) def. Diego Acosta (PUR) 6-3, 6-5 (10-8)
6. Mateus Silva (PUR) def. Santiago Munoz (AR) 6-2, 6-4
1. Szymon Tatarczyk/Ricky Medinilla (PUR) def. Mike Nott/Manfred Jeske (AR) 6-2
2. Hall Fess/Pete Thomason (AR) def. Mark Kovacs/Aaron Dujovne (PUR) 6-4
3. Mateus Silva/Diego Acosta (PUR) def. Santiago Munoz/Johan den Toom (AR) 6-5 (7-4)
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (4,6,3,5,2,1)
Download: vs Purdue 2.9.14.pdf