FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Arkansas men’s tennis team left the weekend with a 1-1 dual match record after Sunday’s 4-0 loss to South Carolina.
Arkansas was unable to come away with a doubles win for the first time in six matches, dropping 8-6, 8-5 decisions on courts two and three respectively.
The Razorbacks opened singles play with trailing the Gamecocks 1-0 and wouldn’t score another point. Seniors Mike Nott and Manfred Jeske won their first sets at the Nos. 1 and 2 singles positions, 6-3 and 7-6 (7-2), respectively. South Carolina came away with wins on courts three, five and six to clinch the match at 4-0.
Arkansas will return to action on Friday, traveling to Athens, Ga., to take on the Bulldogs at 4 p.m. The Razorbacks will face Tennessee at noon Sunday. Live stats can be found at www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com as well as by following @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.
Tennis Match Results
South Carolina vs Arkansas
Mar 30, 2014 at
South Carolina 4, Arkansas 0
1. Andrew Adams (SC) vs. Mike Nott (AR) 6-3, 4-6, 0-0
2. Manfred Jeske (AR) vs. Tsvetan Mihov (SC) 7-6 (7-2), 4-1
3. Chip Cox (SC) def. Hall Fess (AR) 6-4, 6-4
4. Thiago Pinherio (SC) vs. Jovan Parlic (AR) 6-4, 3-3
5. Kyle Koch (SC) def. Johan den Toom (AR) 6-4, 6-4
6. Andrew Schafer (SC) def. Pete Thomason (AR) 6-4, 6-3
1. Chip Cox/Tsvetan Mihov (SC) vs. Mike Nott/Manfred Jeske (AR) 7-7
2. Andrew Adams/Kyle Koch (SC) def. Hall Fess/Pete Thomason (AR) 8-6
3. Thiago Pinherio/Sam Swank (SC) def. Jacob Herndon/Jovan Parlic (AR) 8-5
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2); Singles (6,3,5)
South Carolina 11-10