- Trey Flowers leads all active SEC players with 45.5 career tackles for loss. The mark is tied for second nationally and ranks third all-time in school history
- Martrell Spaight is leading the SEC with 123 total tackles – the most tackles by a Razorback since 2003 – and is on pace to become the first Hog to ever lead the SEC in the statistic
- Arkansas is the only team in the nation to shut out two conference opponents this season
- The Razorbacks are also the only team in the nation to shut out two ranked foes in 2014
- Arkansas has played the toughest schedule in the nation, with its opponents combining for a record of 77-36 (.681) according to the NCAA strength of schedule formula
- Arkansas makes its 40th bowl appearance in the 2014 AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl, the first time the Razorbacks have played in the Texas Bowl and just the second bowl game Arkansas has played in Houston (1982 Bluebonnet Bowl).
- The Razorbacks renew an old Southwest Conference rivalry with Texas as the bowl game will mark the 78th meeting between the two schools. Arkansas upset #1 Texas 50 years ago, beating the top-ranked Longhorns 14-13 in Austin, on its way to winning the 1964 national championship.
- The bowl game marks the third time Arkansas has played a game in the state of Texas this season, its most since leaving the Southwest Conference following the 1991 season to join the SEC.
- Arkansas has won five straight games against Big 12 opponents with a win over Texas Tech this year, Kansas State in the 2012 Cotton Bowl and three wins over Texas A&M (2009-11) before they joined the SEC in 2012.
- Jonathan Williams and Alex Collins have both topped the 1,000-yard plateau, becoming the only pair of teammates in the FBS to rush for 1,000 yards in the regular season. The Razorbacks last had two players rush for 1,000 yards in the same season in 2007 when Darren McFadden and Felix Jones accomplished the feat.