FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Arkansas women’s swimming and diving will take to the Arkansas Natatorium one final time this season as the Razorbacks play host to the Missouri State Bears on Friday at 4 p.m.
The home finale marks Arkansas’ senior day where the Razorbacks will honor five seniors: Julia Banach, Liz Braun, Meghan Clark, Nikki Daniels and Susanna White. The senior day ceremony will commence at approximately 3:45 p.m.
The Razorbacks continue to remain top contenders in the national charts, boasting eight top-50 times in the nation, including six times within the top 30. Daniels paces Arkansas with a top-10 time in the 100 breaststroke, checking in at the No. 9 spot with a time of 59.58. Junior Anna Mayfield’s 500 freestyle time of 4:39.67 is pegged No. 11 in the nation.
Within the league, Arkansas holds 20 top-25 times in the SEC rankings, including four within the top 10.
Arkansas (2-3) looks to continue its momentum from a 152-103 rout of Southeastern Conference foe Vanderbilt on Jan. 10 in Nashville, Tennessee. The Razorbacks recorded 10 individual wins in 12 events in the contest. Mayfield snagged two individual first-place finishes, touching the wall first in the 200 freestyle and 200 backstroke (1:58.80). Freshman Chelsea Tatlow also finished with a pair of first-place finishes, topping her competition in the 100 backstroke (56.29) and 200 IM (2:04.81). Sophomore Mary Margaret Soderberg snagged her first event win in the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:21.54.
Swimming the remaining first place finishes was sophomore Aiden Lister (1,000 freestyle, 10:14.92), Daniels (100 breaststroke, 1:04.48), White (50 freestyle, 23.68), freshman Jessie Garrison (200 butterfly, 2:04.03) and Stoehr (500 freestyle, 4:58.56).
The Razorbacks hold a commanding 9-0 series lead over the Bears. Last season, the Razorbacks headed north to Springfield, Missouri and defeated MSU 203.5-88.5, highlighted by wins in 15 of 16 events.
- The Razorbacks lead the Arkansas-MSU series, 9-0, winning the last contest 203.5-88.5, highlighted by wins in 15 of 16 events.
- Senior Nikki Daniels’ 100 breaststroke time of 59.58 clocks in as the ninth fastest time in the nation thus far. The mark is also good for No. 14 in the world.
- Junior Anna Mayfield checks in at No. 11 in the nation with a time of 4:39.67 in the 500 freestyle.
- Freshman Chelsea Tatlow holds the No. 23 200 IM time in the nation (1:58.32).
- In the SEC, Arkansas holds 20 top-25 times, led by Mayfield who holds a team-leading four top-25 times (No. 11 200 free (1:46.84), No. 6 500 free (4:39.67), No. 13 100 back (53.61), No. 9 200 back (1:54.84)).
- Daniels holds the highest swim for the Razorbacks in the league with the third-fastest 100 breaststroke (59.58) and seventh-fastest 200 breaststroke (2:11.66).
- Tatlow holds three top-25 times in the conference in the 200 backstroke (No. 21, 1:56.93), 200 IM (No. 13, 1:58.32) and 400 IM (No. 17, 4:13.71).
- First 150 fans will receive an Arkansas Swimming & Diving T-shirt
- Ticket giveaways to Men’s & Women’s Basketball
- Arkansas Razorbacks beach towel giveaway
For more information on Arkansas swimming and diving, follow @RazorbackSD.