FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Each Tuesday during the season, www.ArkansasRazorbacks.com will recap the previous week of action for @RazorbackSoccer, while keeping up with national rankings and individual accolades. This week’s Mid-Week Report recaps the No. 22 Arkansas women’s soccer team’s 2-0 start and appearance in two national polls.
@RAZORBCKSOCCER TEAM NOTES FROM THE WEEKEND
- With a social media push a week before to the season opener on Friday, Aug. 22, @RazorbackSoccer moved into the Top 25 for Division I women’s soccer Twitter accounts. Arkansas is now No. 23 with 2,786 followers.
- The Razorbacks were one of four SEC teams to win two games on opening weekend (Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M)
- Sunday night’s official attendance of 2,268 was the highest attended game in program history, breaking the previous attendance record of 1,709 set on Oct. 10, 2001 against South Carolina
- With the 2,268 fan turn out on Sunday (Aug. 24) and the 1,517 official attendance on Friday night (Aug. 22), last weekend’s total attendance of 3,785 marked the biggest turnout in a two-game weekend stretch at Razorback Field
- With the 2-1 win over OSU on Sunday, the Razorbacks have now collected back-to-back wins against Oklahoma State after going winless in their first five meetings
- Sunday’s win gave Arkansas its third consecutive 2-0-0 start
- With the win over the Cowgirls on Sunday, Arkansas improved to 3-1-0 all-time as a ranked team
- Sunday’s win was the 100th win at Razorback Field, the overall record is now 100-86-14
- Friday’s win over Utah State gives Arkansas a 17-11-1 all-time record in season openers
- The win over Utah State on Friday gave Arkansas a 19-10-0 record in home openers
- The Razorbacks have now won eight straight season openers (2007-present) after defeating Utah State on Friday night
- The three goals scored vs. Utah State are the most by Arkansas in a season opener since 2005 (5 goals vs. Tulsa in 5-1 win on Aug. 26)
- Friday’s win improves the Razorbacks season-opening record at home to 9-2-0 and 7-1-0 at Razorback Field
- SEC Stats | SEC Standings
- The Razorbacks were ranked No. 22 in this week’s TopDrawerSoccer.com Division I Top 25 Poll (Aug. 25) and No. 25 in the NSCAA/Continental Tire NCAA Division I Poll that was released on Wednesday (Aug. 26). The Razorbacks were one of four SEC squads ranked in the two polls (Florida, Texas A&M, South Carolina).
@RazorbackSoccer Player Notes
- Ashleigh Ellenwood was named to the College Soccer 360 Primetime Performers Weekly Honor Roll and the TopDrawerSoccer.com Women’s Team of the Week after helping lead the Razorbacks to a 2-0 record last week.
- Ellenwood’s game-winning goal on Sunday night marked the eighth of her career.
- Ellenwood’s goal against Oklahoma State was the 21st of her career.
- Sunday’s goal, accompanied with a pair of assists in Arkansas’ 3-1 win over Utah State on Friday night, gives Ellenwood four points in two games on the year.
- The two assists against the Aggies gave her the second career multi-assist game of her collegiate career. The first also came against Utah State in last season’s 3-2 win in Provo, Utah on Sept. 13. She now has 10 career assists.
- Ellenwood’s two assists against Utah State gave her 50 points for her career, making her just the 10th Razorback player in program history to reach that feat.
- Cameron Carter has a solid weekend in goal for the Razorbacks, registering eight saves, while surrendering just two goals.
- Carter’s eight saves against Oklahoma State were a season-high.
- Alexandra Fischer scored a pair of goals in the U of A’s season opener on Friday night (Aug. 22) against Utah State. The two goals were the first multi-goal game of her collegiate career and the fourth and fifth goals she has collected in 22 career games played.
- Claire Kelley collected the first multi-assist game of her career, handing out her third and fourth career assists in the 3-1 win over Utah State (Aug. 22).
- Lindsay Mayo scored her seventh career goal against Utah State (Aug. 22)
- Tyler Allen’s recorded an assist in the win over Utah State (Aug. 22). The helper was the 12th of her career.
TOP TWEETS OF THE WEEKEND
For more information on Arkansas soccer, follow @RazorbackSoccer on Twitter.