FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The University of Arkansas volleyball team registered a season-high .323 hitting percentage in Saturday morning’s sweep of Stony Brook at Barnhill Arena. The Razorbacks were paced by 12 kills from Meredith Hays while middle Chanell Clark-Bibbs and Ana Sofia Jusino combined for 17 kills and a .615 hitting percentage. Arkansas returns to action Saturday evening against SMU with first serve at 7 p.m. (CT) at Barnhill Arena.
Tonight’s match vs. SMU will be streamed live on SEC Network+ which is available through SECNetwork.com, ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app. Single-match tickets are $5 for adults while UA students and fans 17 years and younger receive free admission.
Final – Match #1
Arkansas 3, Stony Brook 0 (26-24, 25-18, 25-15)
Attendance: 613 | Time: 1:20
• Arkansas Stat Leaders vs. Stony Brook
o Kills: 12 – Meredith Hays
o Digs: 13 – Monica Bollinger
o Blocks: 5 – Ana Sofia Jusino
• Season-high .323 hitting percentage vs. Stony Brook
o Combined .615 hitting percentage between middles Chanell Clark-Bibbs, Ana Sofia Jusino
• Has out-blocked opponent in seven of nine matches this season
o Out-blocked Stony Brook, 8.0-3.0
• Milestone Watch:
o Meredith Hays: Moved into 25th place on program’s career kills list
– 10 shy of becoming 24th player in program history with 600 career kills
o Monica Bollinger: Four shy of 500 career digs
– Would become 31st player in program history to reach milestone
• First-ever meeting between Arkansas and Stony Brook
• Next home match: Saturday night vs. SMU at 7 p.m.
For more information on Arkansas volleyball, follow @RazorbackVB on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.