FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Following a hectic pace to the start of conference play which saw the Razorbacks play four games in a span of 10 days, the University of Arkansas women’s basketball team will be playing its first game in seven days when it hosts the Missouri Tigers Sunday afternoon at Bud Walton Arena. A brutal start to the conference season, including facing three-straight top-15 ranked opponents, leaves the Razorbacks still looking to collect their first conference win of the season.
Sunday’s game is Dollar Day, as all adult tickets are just $1. All children 12 and younger receive free admission with a paying adult. The nationally ranked Arkansas gymnastics team will be available for autographs from 1-2 p.m. on the southwest concourse. The gymnasts will also be recognized during a first-half timeout.
WE BACK PAT
Arkansas players and coaches will take part in We Back Pat week by wearing purple warm-up shirts. We Back Pat is an initiative by the Pat Summitt Foundation to help raise awareness for Alzheimer’s. For more information on We Back Pat, the Pat Summitt Foundation, or to donate to the cause, click here.
Here is a look ahead to the Razorbacks’ next opponent:
• The Tigers enter Sunday’s contest with an 11-7, 1-4 SEC record. Missouri lost its most recent game Thursday night at home to No. 1/1 South Carolina, 60-49.
• The Tigers average 7.5 made threes per game, ranking first in the SEC. Mizzou shoots 32.2 percent from three
• Morgan Eye averages 2.9 made threes per game, the most in the SEC, while shooting at a 36.0 percent clip.
• Jordan Frericks leads the team in scoring at 12.9 per game
• She also leads the team in rebounding and ranks second in the conference with 9.5 per game
• Missouri has appeared has made two consecutive appearances in the WNIT (2012-13, 2013-14)
• Robin Pingeton (St. Ambrose, ’90) is in her fifth season as head coach with a record of 71-72 (.497).
• Arkansas leads the all-time series with Missouri 9-4 including a 4-1 mark in games played in Fayetteville. The Razorbacks have won each of the last four meetings overall, including sweeping the home-and-home matchups in 2013 and 2014.