TULSA, Okla.- Jose Salazar won three singles matches in the consolation pre-qualifying draw to advance to the qualifying singles draw at the Saint Francis Health System ITA Men’s All-American Championships in Tulsa, Okla.
Salazar defeated Julius Tverijonas from George Washington in the consolation draw to advance to the the singles qualifying draw. Salazar defeated Pablo Alvarez from Buffalo in a two set match 6-0, 6-1. The second round of the qualifying singles draw begins Tues. Oct. 7th. Salazar is set to play Max de Vromme (USC).
Mike Redlicki began singles play in the qualifying draw Monday. Redlicki fought through a three-set match, but came short against Sam Matheson from Liberty 6-4, 0-6, 6-3.
Consolation Pre-Qualifying :
- Luis Valero (Tennessee) defeated Austin Robles 6-4, 7-6
- Corey Pang (Cal Poly) defeated Santiago Munoz 6-2, 6-4
- Juan Marino defeated Joao Riquelme (UTSA) 6-4, 2-6, 6-3
- Giovani Samaha (Troy) defeated Jacob Herndon
- Jose Salazar defeated Julius Tverijonas (George Washington)
- Sam Matheson (Liberty) defeated Mike Redlicki 6-4, 0-6, 6-3
- Jose Salazar defeated Pablo Alvarez (Buffalo) 6-0, 6-1
Pre-qualifying: Saturday, Oct. 3 – Monday, Oct. 5
Qualifying: Monday, Oct. 5 – Wednesday, Oct. 7
Main Draw: Thursday, Oct. 8 – Monday, Oct. 12
The ITA men’s All-American Championships run through Sunday, October 11, at the Michael D. Case Tennis Center in Tulsa. Updated draws and main draw daily recaps can be found at the ITA Championship Central page at www.itatennis.com.
Singles quarter-finalists, doubles finalists and consolation champions will receive an automatic entry into the USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships on Nov. 12-15, head at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, New York.
For more information on Arkansas men’s tennis, follow @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.
— ArkansasRazorbacks.com || On Twitter @ArkRazorbacks || Facebook.com/ArkansasRazorbacks –