FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The University of Arkansas women’s basketball team was picked to finish eighth in the Southeastern Conference standings in a vote by the league’s media.
The eighth-place selection reflects Arkansas’ run to the second round of the 2015 NCAA Tournament and the top-20 recruiting class signed by head coach Jimmy Dykes and his staff. This is the fourth time the Razorbacks were selected eighth by the media.
In his first season with the Razorbacks, Dykes led a small squad of nine women to 18 wins, the third round of the SEC Tournament and the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
The Razorbacks return the services of senior Melissa Wolff, All-SEC junior Jessica Jackson, Kelsey Brooks and Khadijah West and welcome eight newcomers for the 2015-16 season. Fans can also expect a challenging non-conference schedule that includes home contests with regional rivals Tulsa, Missouri State and Oral Roberts.
The SEC schedule is always tough and fans supported the league in record numbers in 2014-15 with more than 1 million people through the turnstiles. Arkansas takes on seven league opponents who advanced to the postseason last year.
As the excitement builds, the @RazorbackWBB team is inviting current season ticket holders, UA faculty and staff and University of Arkansas students with valid student IDs and their families and anyone wishing to purchase season tickets to a meet and greet on Wednesday, Oct. 28, at 5:30 p.m. in Bud Walton Arena. Members of the Razorback Ticket Center will be available to provide information and answer any questions for potential season ticket holders.
Season ticket holders and future season ticket holders are asked to enter Bud Walton Arena through the south doors, which open at 5:15 p.m. Dykes and members of the women’s basketball team will be on hand to meet with fans and take photos. The official team poster will be available for pick up at the event. Courtside hors d’oeuvres will be served.
The Razorback Ticket Center has announced the availability of women’s basketball season ticket plans including several new options for this season. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased online by clicking here or by calling the Razorback Ticket Center at 800-982-4647.
• The highest the SEC media have selected Arkansas is sixth (2002-03 with 196 points)
• Arkansas has been selected eighth by the media four times (including this year)
• @RazorbackWBB opens exhibition play with Missouri Southern Nov. 8
• The first regular season game is No. 13 vs. Southeastern Louisiana and it is Elementary Day with a 10:30 a.m. tip
• For ticket information, click here
• For schedule information, click here
• Season ticket holders and future season ticket holders are invited to a meet and greet with the Razorbacks Wednesday, Oct. 28, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in Bud Walton Arena
For more information on Arkansas women’s basketball, follow @RazorbackWBB on Twitter.