FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Seven University of Arkansas football student-athletes earned recognition on the 2008-09 Southeastern Conference Fall Academic Honor Roll it was announced by the league office recently.Seniors Jeremy Davis (Kinesiology) and Lance Thompson (Exercise Science) led the Arkansas contingent. Five sophomores made the list including Damario Ambrose (Information Systems), Jake Bequette (Financial Management), Nathan Dick (Kinesiology), Seth Oxner (Exercise Science) and Crosby Tuck (Exercise Science).
The 2008-09 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2008 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
The criteria are as follows:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
Arkansas Football Student-Athletes on the SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll
Name, Academic Classification, Major, Hometown
Damario Ambrose, Sophomore, Information Systems, Mobile, Ala.
Jake Bequette, Sophomore, Financial Management, Little Rock, Ark.
Jeremy Davis, Senior, Kinesiology, Fort Smith, Ark.
Nathan Dick, Sophomore, Kinesiology, Allen, Texas
Seth Oxner, Sophomore, Exercise Science, Monticello, Ark.
Lance Thompson, Senior, Exercise Science, Searcy, Ark.
Crosby Tuck, Sophomore, Exercise Science, Springdale, Ark.