FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Now at 3-1-0, Arkansas has one match in the upcoming week. It will be on Sunday, Sept. 6 in Houston, Texas, against Rice at 7 p.m. This will be the Razorbacks’ first trip to Houston in 28 seasons, when they notched back-to-back wins at Houston Baptist in 1987.
|MATCHUP||Arkansas (3-1-0) at Rice (3-1-1)|
|DATE/TIME||Sunday, Aug. 28, 2015 | 7 p.m. CT|
|VENUE||Holloway Field | Houston, Texas|
|HOW TO WATCH
||College Sports Live (CSL)|
|SERIES HISTORY||Both teams, 0-0-1|
|LAST MEETING||T, 0-0 (Sept. 12, 2014)|
|SOCIAL MEDIA||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
|MATCH NOTES||Arkansas | Rice|
WHAT’S AT STAKE?
With a win, the Razorbacks would have 12 or more team points through its first five matches for the sixth time in program history. Arkansas would improve to 1-0-1 all-time against Rice and go into its first SEC match of the season vs. Tennessee with a 4-1-0 overall record.
ARKANSAS QUICK KICKS
• Ashleigh Ellenwood scored three goals and added an assist at Yale, it was her first career hat trick in her 69th career match.
• Erika Miller added an assist at Yale and another at No. 6 Penn State. She has three assists this season, which leads the team.
• Claire Kelley scored her third goal of the season at #6 Penn State to tie Ashleigh Ellenwood for the team lead with three goals.
• Out of their 11 goals scored, the Razorbacks have six from open play, four from free kicks and one from a corner kick opportunity.
• With a 3-1-0 record, Arkansas has earned 9 or more team points through its first four matches for the 12th time in program history.
• The Razorbacks have scored four goals twice already this season (vs. SFA and at Yale) after doing so only twice in all of 2014.
• The Razorbacks received one vote in the 9/1 edition of the NSCAA top 25 poll after receiving nine votes in the 8/25 one.
• Arkansas conceded zero corner kicks to SFA in the 4-1 win, it was the fewest since the team allowed one at VU on 10/18/13.
• After their 4-1 win over SFA, the Razorbacks are now 20-10-0 all-time in home-opening matches, including 13-2-0 since 2001.
THE SURVEY SAYS…
SEC WATCH LIST
In lieu of a SEC Preseason Team, four Razorbacks were added to the Preseason SEC Watch List. All multiple-year starters and upperclassmen, look for these four to make significant impacts this season:
• Ashleigh Ellenwood
• Alexandra Fischer
• Claire Kelley
• Lindsey Mayo
After 19 days and three road matches away from Razorback Field, Arkansas returns to Fayetteville for four consecutive home contests. The homestand begins with Tennessee coming to town on Friday, Sept. 11 for the Razorbacks’ first SEC match of the season. UMKC follows suit on Sunday, Sept. 13 for a 6:30 p.m. kickoff.