FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – University of Arkansas freshman Branch Terrell was named to the 2015 Southeastern Conference’s Men’s Tennis Community Service Team conference officials announced on Tuesday.
All league-sponsored sports have had a Community Service Team since 2004, with at-large teams for men’s and women’s sports being chosen from 1999-2003.
Though only in his inaugural season with the Razorbacks, Terrell has already made his presence felt in the University of Arkansas community. The Benton, Arkansas native has been a part of a variety of service projects, including:
• RazorBuddies: Arkansas athletes are paired with a kid from a local elementary school who they meet with biweekly and act as a mentor to.
• Shop With SAAC: Nominated a child from a local elementary school to receive a gift card and then went shopping with the child to use the card to purchase Christmas toys.
• Sweat Hogs: Spoke to 200 kids at a local elementary school about the value of getting proper exercise, eating healthy and getting plenty of rest.
• The Arkansas men’s tennis team taught tennis to kids in community for an afternoon in January.
• Volunteered in the youth ministry of his church over Christmas break.
Terrell and the No. 13-seeded Arkansas men’s tennis team (11-15, 1-11 SEC) will take on No. 12-seeded Auburn (14-12, 2-10 SEC) in the first round of the Southeastern Conference Men’s Tennis Tournament at the George P. Mitchell Tennis Center in College Station, Texas at 12:00 p.m., CT on Wednesday.
For more information on Arkansas men’s tennis, follow @RazorbackMTEN on Twitter.