FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Arkansas men’s basketball team is set to open preseason action on Friday evening, welcoming Central Oklahoma to town for a 7 p.m. tip-off in Bud Walton Arena.
Central Oklahoma will be one of two exhibition games the Razorbacks will play this preseason, as Arkansas will also host Missouri Western on Friday, Nov. 3 in the final tune-up before the regular season.
Here are 10 things to know heading into exhibition play:
1. The Razorbacks are 12-0 in exhibition games under Head Coach Mike Anderson.
2. Arkansas has scored 89-plus points in eight of those 12 exhibition games and eclipsed the century mark four times.
3. The Razorbacks have won those 12 exhibition games by an average of 31.8 points, including a 50-point victory over Emporia State in last year’s final preseason tune-up.
4. During Anderson’s 15 years as a head coach, he is 30-0 all-time in exhibition contests.
5. Dating back to a 72-47 victory over Texas A&M Commerce to open the 2004-05 season, Arkansas has won 26 consecutive exhibition games.
6. The Razorbacks are one of three high-major programs in the country with at least six seniors on their team this season.
7. Arkansas is picked to finish sixth in the SEC by the media and has finished higher than it was picked each of the last four seasons.
8. The Razorbacks are coming off their best free throw performance in 55 years after shooting 76.1 percent from the charity stripe last season.
9. Arkansas returns three of its top five scorers, 62 percent of minutes played, 59 percent of scoring and 53 percent of rebounding from last year’s team.
10. Anderson is one of only four current Division I coaches with 15-plus years of head coaching experience and zero losing seasons.
The Razorback Ticket Center is currently accepting requests for 2017-18 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets. Seats will be assigned by Razorback Foundation guidelines with season tickets starting at $225. To purchase tickets call 1-800-982-4647 or click here.
For more information on Arkansas men’s basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.