– The University of Arkansas softball team jumped out to an early lead Saturday but Ole Miss rallied for a 13-6 win to take game two and clinch the weekend series. The Razorbacks were paced at the plate by Jessica “Reggie” Harrison who had a home run and double to go along with four RBI in the game. With Saturday’s result, Arkansas drops to 21-10 overall and 1-4 in Southeastern Conference play.
Sunday’s finale will be televised by FSN with a scheduled start time of 3 p.m. Dave Baker and Cheri Kempf will hand the play-by-play and color commentary duties, respectively. The game will be the first of eight television appearances for the Razorbacks this season.
For the first time during the conference season, Arkansas struck first with two runs in the second after an RBI single off the bat of Devon Wallace
and a sacrifice fly by Stephanie Canfield
. Jennifer Rambo
and Shelby Hiers
scored on the respective plays. The advantage increased to five in the third inning with a three-run shot to left field by Harrison, her second home run of the season. Kasey Fagan
and Amanda Geile
led off the inning with back-to-back singles and were moved into scoring position on a sac bunt by Rambo.
The Rebels rallied for six runs over the next two innings to take a 6-5 lead heading into the fifth. Rambo led off the top half of the inning with a base hit up the middle. The next pitch was knocked into the gap in right center for a Harrison double to score Rambo from first and tie the score at 6-all. However, Ole Miss ended the game with seven unanswered runs for the final margin of victory.
• All-time series vs. Ole Miss: Arkansas leads, 30-22
o 14-13 in games played in Oxford
• Reggie Harrison had her first multi-hit game of the season
• Ninth game this season for a Razorback hitter (Harrison) to tally at least four RBI
• SEC-season team highs with six runs and 10 hits
• Lead-off hitter reached base in six of seven innings
• Sunday finale at Ole Miss will be televised by FSN at 3p > @buzzbaker & @cherikempf with the call. #NeverYield
• Second stop of week-long road trip is Oxford, Miss., for SEC weekend series at Ole Miss. #NeverYield
• Third stop of week-long road trip is Jackson, Miss., for Tuesday doubleheader starting at 4p. #NeverYield
For more information on Arkansas softball, follow @RazorbackSB on Twitter.