FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Arkansas men’s basketball team closes out exhibition play on Friday evening, playing host to Division II member Missouri Western inside Bud Walton Arena.
The Razorbacks have won 27 consecutive exhibition games, including a 13-0 record under head coach Mike Anderson. During Anderson’s 16 years as a head coach, he is 31-0 all-time in exhibition contests.
5 Things to know as we close out preseason play:
1. During the Mike Anderson era, Arkansas is 13-0 in exhibition games. The Razorbacks have won those 13 preseason games by an average of 31.1 points, including a 50-point victory over Emporia State in last year’s final preseason tune-up. Arkansas has scored 89-plus points in eight of those 13 exhibition games and eclipsed the century mark four times.
2. Sports Illustrated ranked the top 100 scorers in college basketball entering the 2017-18 season and Arkansas has two of the top 80 impact players in the country in Daryl Macon and Jaylen Barford. Arkansas is one of three teams in the SEC with two players ranked among the top 80 scorers in the country, as Macon is ranked No. 44 and Barford checks in at No. 79.
3. The Razorbacks return their top four assists leaders from SEC play a year ago as big man Trey Thompson showed off his passing ability and led the way with 36 helpers in 18 league games. According to @HogStats, Thompson is the tallest player in Arkansas history with more career assists (93) than made field goals (72).
4. During the Mike Anderson era over the last six years, Arkansas is tied for sixth in the country and ranks second among high major programs in forcing the opponent to 25-plus turnovers in a game. It’s happened nine times and the Razorbacks are 9-0 in those contests. During the same span, Arkansas is 27-2 when forcing 20 turnovers in a game.
5. Dating back to last season, the Razorbacks are 6-0 in their last six contests decided by one possession, the longest such streak since the 1994-95 season. Arkansas has won seven straight games decided by four points or less, including five of those coming away from Bud Walton Arena.
Clear Bag Policy at Bud Walton Arena
The new clear bag policy will be in effect all season long in Bud Walton Arena to enhance public safety while minimizing time spent searching bags at gate security checkpoints. Each fan is permitted to bring in only one clear bag and/or a small clutch purse. Fans are encouraged to arrive early, know which items are prohibited and avoid bringing a bag, if at all possible. Click here to view the full clear bag policy.
The Razorback Ticket Center is currently accepting requests for 2017-18 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets. Seats will be assigned by Razorback Foundation guidelines with season tickets starting at $225. To purchase tickets call 1-800-982-4647 or click here.
For more information on Arkansas men’s basketball, follow @RazorbackMBB on Twitter.