FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – For the fourth straight season and the eighth time in the last nine years, the Arkansas baseball team finished in the top two in national average attendance, as 8,290 fans per game packed Baum Stadium during the 2015 campaign.
The Razorbacks sold 273,595 tickets for 33 home dates, giving Arkansas the second highest mark in the country for tickets sold and average attendance. The total tickets sold also marked the second highest total in program history behind 286,472 during the 2012 season.
Arkansas fans flooded the gates like never before during the 2015 Fayetteville Super Regional, creating the three largest crowds in Baum Stadium history and totaling 35,730 fans for the three-game series as the Razorbacks advanced to the program’s eighth College World Series and third in the last seven years.
The 12,167 fans that attended game two against Missouri State marked the third largest crowd in the history of NCAA Super Regionals, while all three weekend crowds ranked in the top seven since the format was created in 1999.
The Razorback crowds of 12,167, 11,869 and 11,694 marked three of the top four postseason crowds during the 2015 NCAA Regional and Super Regional rounds. Arkansas played in front of 10,000-plus fans in seven of its last 11 games, including a season-best crowd of 24,228 during the opening game of the College World Series at TD Ameritrade Park.
Arkansas also set a program record for tickets sold earlier in the year against Mississippi State on April 25 when 12,589 tickets were purchased to best the previous record by 847 tickets. The Crowd was also the 14th largest on-campus crowd in college baseball history.
The Razorbacks finished the 2015 campaign winning 40 games for the sixth time in the past seven years. Arkansas recorded 23 victories at Baum Stadium this season and has picked up 20 or more wins at home each of the last 10 years.
2015 Attendance Facts
• The actual crowd of 12,167 against Missouri State on June 6 was the largest crowd in Baum Stadium history.
• The 12,167 fans marked the third largest Super Regional crowd in NCAA history.
• The three NCAA Fayetteville Super Regional crowds marked the three largest crowds in Baum Stadium history.
• Arkansas was home to three of the top four postseason crowds in 2015 during Regionals and Super Regionals.
• The 12,589 tickets sold against Mississippi State on April 25 marked the 14th largest on-campus crowd in NCAA history.
For more information on Arkansas baseball, follow @RazorbackBSB on Twitter.