FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Arkansas Razorbacks returned to the practice fields for the second of 15 spring practices on Tuesday afternoon. After wearing nothing but jerseys and shorts for the first two days, the Razorbacks inch towards full pads on Thursday.
Venue: Outdoor practice fields
Format: No pads
- The starting offensive line continues to get more comfortable in new positions – Denver Kirkland at left tackle, Sebastian Tretola at left guard, Mitch Smothers at center, Frank Ragnow at right guard and Dan Skipper at right tackle.
- Defensive lineman Bijhon Jackson, listed as the starting nose guard on the depth chart, has really impressed in the first two days of practice with his energy and strength.
- The cornerbacks were itching to get pads on with their physicality. Henre’ Toliver, D.J. Dean and Jared Collins were all over the field and Santos Ramirez intercepted a pass in team drills.
News and Notes:
- Arkansas will close its 2015 spring practice schedule with its annual Red-White Game on April 25 at 1 p.m. in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Attendance to the scrimmage is free and open to the public.
- Fans can put a deposit down for 2015 season tickets by visiting ArkansasRazorbacks.com. The 2015 home schedule includes six games in Fayetteville, four against opponents that played in bowl games last season – UTEP, Auburn, Mississippi State and Missouri. Arkansas will also take on Toledo at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.
Up Next: The Razorbacks will return to the practice fields Thursday for day three of practice.
Follow Live: For complete coverage of Arkansas football throughout the spring season, follow @RazorbackFB on Twitter.
Junior defensive back Jared Collins
Junior linebacker Brooks Ellis
Junior defensive lineman JaMichael Winston
Junior defensive lineman Deatrich Wise